Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
Willys Jeep Station Sedans were built in the late 40's, 2wd only. The hood emblems said SEDAN.
Does anybody on this site actually have one, or know of one?
They may hane had a 161 6 and the third seat, as well as the grille waterfall trim.
diggerG

Hmm I have this in my hoard
fac2265cd3f489a88641395f44a25885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s light brown paint on back and the lettering background is a very dark green

Scott
Jeep people are telling me there is no such thing, I don't know what I'm talking about. Did you take it off a vehicle? I have learned that the glove box door may have 2 different styles of badges. I have a station wagon badge that has lettering that is so small you can't (I can't) read it. And it's not on a rectangular plate like yours is. I have 2 Jeep Truck badges of a like style as yours. I will PM you on this.
thanks for posting.
diggerG

I have a Jeep station wagon badge also just like yours that I removed from a ‘48 wagon glove box that I don’t need if anyone is looking for one.
169311472a4dca1253e53a7a3cb3e948.jpg

Thanks Dan. I've seen ads like that, maybe Saturday Evening Post?
Boy, did I ever just date myself!!
It reads like the Sedan was a 6 cyl, and made for use as a passenger car. It seems more and more the Jeep wagon I cut up was a station sedan. It's middle seats were slide in, not hinged. It did have a wierd heater in it also. Maybe I should post some pics.
Greg
I have a Jeep station wagon badge also just like yours that I removed from a ‘48 wagon glove box that I don’t need if anyone is looking for one.
169311472a4dca1253e53a7a3cb3e948.jpg

David
Actually that is one of the wierd things about it. I have a completely different station wagon glovvie badge than yours. I'll snap a pic.
And yes I want yours. How much, and or do you need anything yourself?
diggerG

Digger, I just noticed that my glove box says Jeep Station Wagon whereas the other posts show Jeep Station Sedan. I’ve cleaned mine up already and can take and send you pictures of it if you are wanting the one that says Station Wagon. Please advise-Thanks

Digger, I just noticed that my glove box says Jeep Station Wagon whereas the other posts show Jeep Station Sedan. I’ve cleaned mine up already and can take and send you pictures of it if you are wanting the one that says Station Wagon. Please advise-Thanks

You did tell me that. I can still use it. PM me with more info.
Also Here is the most interesting bit yet on this. There must be 2 different station wagon glovvie badges. Pictured is the one I have and yes it does say station wagon, hard to make out. Nothing like yours. I'd like to know if anybody else has the small script lettering on their glovvie, any model Jeep.
diggerG

Attachments

• MVC-046S.JPG
    MVC-046S.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 102
  • MVC-045S.JPG
    MVC-045S.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I took another look at the 45-49 parts manual - still haven't found a part entry for the badges but I did find a picture of three versions:
  • Front Compartment View of a 4-63 has "Jeep Station Wagon" - "Station Wagon" is in italics. Rectangular plate.
  • Front Compartment View of a 6-63 has "Jeep Station Sedan" - "Station Sedan" is in italics. Rectangular plate.
  • Front Compartment View of a VJ-2/VJ-3/VJ3-6 (Jeepsters) - only has "Jeepster"
  • Nothing on the pickups, just bare glove box door.
What I find interesting is the gauge panel - the Wagon/Sedan looks to have the silver turned panel with a silver (or maybe white?) speedometer and the Jeepster looks like plain silver (no turning) with a black background of the gauges.

For what it's worth...

I took another look at the 45-49 parts manual - still haven't found a part entry for the badges but I did find a picture of three versions:
  • Front Compartment View of a 4-63 has "Jeep Station Wagon" - "Station Wagon" is in italics. Rectangular plate.
  • Front Compartment View of a 6-63 has "Jeep Station Sedan" - "Station Sedan" is in italics. Rectangular plate.
  • Front Compartment View of a VJ-2/VJ-3/VJ3-6 (Jeepsters) - only has "Jeepster"
  • Nothing on the pickups, just bare glove box door.
What I find interesting is the gauge panel - the Wagon/Sedan looks to have the silver turned panel with a silver (or maybe white?) speedometer and the Jeepster looks like plain silver (no turning) with a black background of the gauges.

For what it's worth...

I've seen the 2 different speedo designs.
It appears that parts books forgot the glovvie Jeep Truck badge.
There must have been a Jeep Delivery glovvie badge too???
Thanks for your work. I'm stumped on that long skinny wagon emblem.
diggerG

Also Here is the most interesting bit yet on this. There must be 2 different station wagon glovvie badges. Pictured is the one I have and yes it does say station wagon, hard to make out. Nothing like yours. I'd like to know if anybody else has the small script lettering on their glovvie, any model Jeep.
diggerG
Did you get my picture o the lic. plate brackets?

Digger,

For some reason I can’t get any computer to allow access to this site. Annoyiating as my daughter says. So I can’t post pictures.

Anyway, I have prototype pictures of the sedans. They were built late 1947 to 1950. They were only 2wd and only with the 148 6. They had deluxe interiors.

The spare tire was actually under a platform in the back. The second seat was one assembly.

They may or may not have had the basketweave on the side.

They are very rare. Jim Marski used to have one I think. Not sure if he still does.

Bill

Digger,

For some reason I can’t get any computer to allow access to this site. Annoyiating as my daughter says. So I can’t post pictures.

Anyway, I have prototype pictures of the sedans. They were built late 1947 to 1950. They were only 2wd and only with the 148 6. They had deluxe interiors.

The spare tire was actually under a platform in the back. The second seat was one assembly.

They may or may not have had the basketweave on the side.

They are very rare. Jim Marski used to have one I think. Not sure if he still does.

Bill
Bill
Apparently what I bought was that. The numbers struck me as wierd. It was a Rhode Island salt water boat launcher, and winter plow truck. What I got was an early 2wd wagon body gaffed onto a 1954 226 2bbl 4x4 station wagon, and then somebody cut off the roof at the doors, and that mess rotted apart. The later nose was used. The glovvie cover was there, but just the holes for the emblem left. It had a wierd slip slot for the 2nd seat that i did not understand. So that got me thinking. You better believe I am going back to the old farm (a forest now) and rake through the crap that fell out the bottom of this sedan. I did get the numbers off it. prefix 6 63. I'd love to find one in original outfitting. Just to take pictures.
diggerG

diggerG
Hey Digger, I think I like your small script best, I don't think I've seen one like that.

Hey Digger, I think I like your small script best, I don't think I've seen one like that.

Dave, nobody else has seen that either. I wonder if there are ones like that for trucks, deliverys or Jeepsters? and like I posted, I have no clue where I got it. But it was a loooong time ago. I've scrapped a thousand Jeeps.
diggerG

Back