Oct 20, 2009
Roseburg OR
First Name
Denny
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
I badly need a parking brake cable (complete) for my '53 Aero Falcon. It measures 52" overall. Doesn't have to be in great shape, as long as it works and is not seized up. Any help appreciated!
Denny

This should be able to be made. What's on each end? A ball, a clevis, what type of attachment? I believe Tractor Supply sells various types, or find something close - like this random piece from Walcks (I'm not saying this is the right thing to buy, just an example) - change the length and reattach the end type you need.

https://walcks4wd.com/cable-hand-brake-front-t-handle.html

Screenshot_20191227-201042_Chrome.jpg

I badly need a parking brake cable (complete) for my '53 Aero Falcon. It measures 52" overall. Doesn't have to be in great shape, as long as it works and is not seized up. Any help appreciated!
Denny

I had two NORS that I found on ebay. I liked the sheathing on one better but discovered some file work would be needed for the slightly thicker than OEM cable when I tried to fit it into the dash bracket, so I used the other one. Otherwise it's a good copy and it's NOS. You can search the net with the factory part number, or description, something may turn up. If you're interested in mine I can post some pics.

On my Aero (2 door) I used Omix-Ada 16730.03 Parking Brake Cable; connects to the t-handle. Lists as for a Jeep 1955-1971 Jeep CJ5. Available new from various Jeep parts dealers, Amazon, etc. Length is about 62” from the ball to the end of the threads. My car didn’t have the hardware underneath so I don’t know if this length will be correct for a stock application, but it gets me a new cable from the handle to under the car. I can make it work from there. Both ends of the cable are shown in the picture.
brake-cable-2.jpg

I see you need one that is 52", but maybe the extra 10" of length of this part won't be an issue under the car.

Thanks to all who responded. I thought I'd give the old cable a go one more time today. Previously I tried WD 40, two types of silicone lube, etc. and did get the cable to move a bit in the sleeve. But when I soaked it with CRC BrakeKleen, it freed right up! Maybe that's a tip others can use.

Denny
I have a pull up parking brake assemble for a 1952 willys aero wing it measures 50 1/2'' you my need to adjust the y connector no parking brake cable
coming from the parking brake assemble. Carman

Denny
from what point did you measure from and to for your measures of 52'' Carman

Back