Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Do you know the numbers of what you need? I bet the housing is the same as a 4 cyl Jeep engine with a 6 cyl shaft instead. And look for Willys car guys. If somebody is selling a fender he may know something helpful. and ask the distribuutor rebuilders. Hemmings has them in their publication.
diggerG

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Thanks diggerG that really helps. I'll start looking in that direction now. Thanks Again
Good Luck! Do you ever see any Louisiana License plates? I'm missing one in my collection. Maybe you could help me. Got 45 plates so far.
diggerG

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I need (full size preferred) Hawaii, Tennessee (think I'm getting one of those) Louisiana, Iowa (maybe coming as well) and Mississippi. I don't care what they are. truck, bus, police, fire, farm, political, heavy truck, dealer, construction, old, new, trailer, car, taxi, govt, antique, state, I've got at least 1 of all of these and more. I tried to get a NY Yankees Vanity Plate, NY1, it belonged to George Steinbrenner's Law Firm. I offered a running 226 engine for it, no dice.
I worked for a salvage yard that had a heavy truck towing division, that towed a lot of truck auction fleets all over the USA, got a lot of plates off trucks that way.
I can offer trades of license plates as well.
Thanks
diggerG

Truck56

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Mar 13, 2018
Lenexa, KS
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I was hoping I could help you out with a license plate out of my small collection, but I don't have any of those states. Maybe someone else will see this and send one your way.

Truck56

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Mar 13, 2018
Lenexa, KS
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
Side note on license plates. When our kids were little we helped entertain them while traveling by offering ice cream at the nearest shop if they saw an Alaska or Hawaii tag. I thought it was a pretty safe bet being that we were in Kansas. Turned out we ate A LOT of ice cream on trips! My kids are all in their 30's now and about every couple of weeks someone sends a picture text of one of those tags!!

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Side note on license plates. When our kids were little we helped entertain them while traveling by offering ice cream at the nearest shop if they saw an Alaska or Hawaii tag. I thought it was a pretty safe bet being that we were in Kansas. Turned out we ate A LOT of ice cream on trips! My kids are all in their 30's now and about every couple of weeks someone sends a picture text of one of those tags!!
Cool! All of my license plates. need a Greg (ME) story of personal significance of more than "I bought it at a yard sale". I've got a lot from OWF members (thanks all!) some from classmates and many from my work. I just scored an "Aruba" plate off a job I did, and an old Utah. My 2 prizes are the Mass Lieutenant Governor's official plate (stolen of course) and a 1937 U. S. Govt CCC plate found in a barn about to be demolished when I was a teenager. Missed out on a "Occupied Germany" U. S. Govt plate that a spy had. His grandson kept it. (As well he should). My nephew forgot to send me a Hawaii when he lived there. RATS!!
nice talking to you
diggerG (Greg)
Thanks diggerG that really helps. I'll start looking in that direction now. Thanks Again
I'll look out as well!

MarkH

Bigger Hammer
Mar 5, 2018
Illinois
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Aero
Willys Year:
There's 3 guys on the Willys Aero Survival and Preservation Group facebook page parting out 161 engine cars now. The earliest post would be back 2 or 3 months.

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Nice Mark!
That's how you find something. You think out of the box. I am a Jeep guy, excavation contractor, historian, Lions Club member and Town Official. You would not believe how just talking to someone will cross boundaries in interests or business. I just did an inspection job that crossed into 3 other facets of me, and ended up with a GPW., some artifacts for the Museum and a barn full of other stuff and some valuable contacts.
It was a good day.
diggerG