Jan 31, 2013
Michigan
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1947
I'm trying to locate the following vehicles for research. Specifically looking for very original or correctly restored:
  1. 2WD Traveller
  2. Parkway Conversion
  3. Jade Green Surrey
I have tried Willys America but Paul's are in 'need to be restored' condition. Anybody here have one of these?

Thanks,
Bill Norris

I'm trying to locate the following vehicles for research. Specifically looking for very original or correctly restored:
  1. 2WD Traveller
  2. Parkway Conversion
  3. Jade Green Surrey
I have tried Willys America but Paul's are in 'need to be restored' condition. Anybody here have one of these?

Thanks,
Bill Norris
I have a 1961 Parkway Conversion kind of rough, it Has a sbc but everything else seems Like a converted panel delivery. If I can help you with pictures or measurements let me know what you are looking for. Keith

1. 2WD Traveller
  2. Parkway Conversion
  3. Jade Green Surrey

Thanks,
Bill Norris
I have a 1953 Parkway. As far as I know, it's mostly original ... not "correctly" restored, but cleaned up enough to be a decent driver. New aluminum radiator and plastic gas tank. Let me know if I can be of help.

I have a 1953 Parkway. As far as I know, it's mostly original ... not "correctly" restored, but cleaned up enough to be a decent driver. New aluminum radiator and plastic gas tank. Let me know if I can be of help.
Jabjeep,

That is a good point. I should have been more clear in my title!

Barney, if I could trouble you for pics too, that would be great.

Thanks!
Bill

Keith and Denny generously sent me their photos. So I have my Parkway questions answered. Thank you both for your help.

Another vehicle I forgot to request was a personnel carrier. Anyone have one of those fully intact and close to being original looking? I’ve found a couple but they are in pieces and not enough meat on the bones left.

Thanks everyone,
Bill

I have an export model , Military Jeep truck CPC one of about 80 sent to Denmark in 1950 . The rear is more like a Dodge WC style than the civilian ones in most of the promotions of the time. Military contract rather than production vehicle.

Geez Dan, you’re going to make my head swell! Glad you like my stuff.

So I’ve gotten to the point in my life that things are settled enough that I’m going to attempt my bucket list item of writing a book on the history of Jeep 1940-2022. I’m trying to cover as many models as I can. These requests are for some I have never been able to track down.

I’ve given myself two years to do it, but am hoping to get it done in one if I can. It’s so much fun to work on I lose track of time and accomplish more than I set out to when I hit the keyboard. I’m also publishing this myself so it’s my timeline and material so I don’t have any limitations on deadlines or number of pages.

Thanks for your interest.
Bill

Paul's 2wd Traveller is the only one I've seen, but as you mention in your first post, it needs a bit of work.
Dang I was just there today. If I had seen this I could’ve snapped a few pics.

Overall the trip was a bit of a bummer. We are camping about an hour away. I called and asked if I could come look around. Lady said sure, but only outside. Made the 1hr drive specifically for this. Checked in at the office (there was a note that said to do that) she said not to open doors, climb on thing, etc. Saw about 1/2 of the back lot when Paul came out and chased us away. Hands were in my pockets the whole time. I had touched nothing.

Dang I was just there today. If I had seen this I could’ve snapped a few pics.

Overall the trip was a bit of a bummer. We are camping about an hour away. I called and asked if I could come look around. Lady said sure, but only outside. Made the 1hr drive specifically for this. Checked in at the office (there was a note that said to do that) she said not to open doors, climb on thing, etc. Saw about 1/2 of the back lot when Paul came out and chased us away. Hands were in my pockets the whole time. I had touched nothing.
Get off my lawn! Damn kids...

Back