Aug 9, 2022
New Marlborough, MA
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
Has anyone seen a lock out like this without any identifiable markings? It’s on a’59 CJ5 and I want to know how to tell which way the hub is engaged for 4wd?

Attachments

• 289C28E7-1CDA-4C6B-8909-D934F2CD418A.jpeg
    289C28E7-1CDA-4C6B-8909-D934F2CD418A.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 2
Has anyone seen a lock out like this without any identifiable markings? It’s on a’59 CJ5 and I want to know how to tell which way the hub is engaged for 4wd?

Sure have. I have them on my wagon. They had a special key from the manufacturer to engage them but obviously a large flat head screwdriver will do the trick.

Sure have. I have them on my wagon. They had a special key from the manufacturer to engage them but obviously a large flat head screwdriver will do the trick.

Hey Dale. I think Tim is asking for the info on how to tell if engaged or not engaged

Looks like if the arrow or notch is pointed towards the center they would be engaged the 2 red lines show the notch aligned with the star gear so to me that would be disengaged looks like 79 is pointing to the arrow ? So maybe Dale could confirm but looks to me your arrows are in the disengaged position.

A4254628-37D3-43BD-81B6-C8815AC3F1F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Dale. I think Tim is asking for the info on how to tell if engaged or not engaged

Looks like if the arrow or notch is pointed towards the center they would be engaged the 2 red lines show the notch aligned with the star gear so to me that would be disengaged looks like 79 is pointing to the arrow ? So maybe Dale could confirm but looks to me your arrows are in the disengaged position.

View attachment 126921

If you click the link in my response there is all that info and more…:p. Arrows pointing in is engaged to make it simpler…

Back