First Name
Joe
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
  2. 1953
Howdy all! My wife's name is Tena, and my sons' names are Jonathan (age 11), Joey (age 13) and my name is Joe (age fossil). We are the BEST OF BUDS!!! We enjoying doing lots of thing together, especially JEEPS! We also enjoy shooting (Powder or PCP Airguns), Amateur Radio, and Antiques (especially OLD CARS!!!). I was a Physicist/Engineer in aerospace for a long time until I started my own business doing my passion (selling Airgun stuff!). I am blessed.

We currently have 2 Jeeps. One is my 1946 CJ2A that I've had for over 35 years: http://www.hamcontact.com/jeep/
CJ2A.jpg

• Chevy 350 ci with LT1 Cam (60's vintage)
  • T98 Trans with Dana 18 and Warn OD
  • 5.38:1 Dana 44 Front with Detroit Locker and Power Disc Brakes, Dana 44 Rear
  • 35 x12.50 x 15 BFG Mud TA
  • Rancho Lift
  • Power Steering
  • Power Brakes
  • Air Conditioning (just open the front windshield at +25MPH :) )

Our current project is our 1953 Willys Station Wagon. http://www.airtanksforsale.com/Willys/Wagon/
TenaSide_tn.jpg

• Chevy Vortec 350 ci '91 Block with Roller Cam
  • 700R Auto Trans with Shift Kit
  • 4.88:1 9" Ford Rear End with LockRight Locker 71
  • 4.88:1 Dana 44 Front with TrueTrac Posi Gusseted and Disc Brakes
  • NP208 Transfer Case
  • Aluminum Cross Flow Radiator
  • Power Steering
  • Power Brake
  • Air Conditioning (The real kind!!! WOOHOO!!!)
  • Scout folding Rear Seat
  • Tilt GM Steering Colum
  • BFG 31 Radial T/A Tires xlt tread with Chrome Wheels
  • 18 Gallon Gas Tank
  • Hi-Lift Jack with Spare
  • Fold Down Back seat flips up for more space

The station wagon is a recent acquistion, so we are currently looking at doing the body work, painting, etc.. We are making this a family project and enjoying it immensely. Jonathan and I just finished installing seat belts in the back seat, so now the boys can now ride in the back as per mom's rules. We will keep you all updated as we progress. While at one time I considered myself extremely knowledgealbe about the flat-fender Cj's, I need to brush up on my Station Wagon hisory. (for instance, my dash doesn't seem to conincide with the year, but it seems to be original). We'll do more posting as time permits. And if you are in SoCal, we'd like to meet you!

Ques #1 How do I get Model to show CJ and Wagon (I checked off both options and they still show)
#2 I don't know why my avatar is not showing when I post. I see I have uploaded a picture just like this one: EugeneTheJeepDriving.jpg

If you want to contact me for jeeping, sharing information, or just to say howdy, please call the number on my website http://www.airtanksforsale.com

Last edited:

Joe Brancato

Bigger Hammer
Sep 13, 2017
Southern California
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
  2. 1953
Thank you all. Ive tried to like the replies, but I think I am liking my own thread, as it says I've "received" not "given" any thanks. I'll get the hang of it. :)

commando_willys

Sharpest Tool
Apr 29, 2015
Cleveland
First Name
Chris
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1949
  2. 1961
Welcome to the forum and glad to here that the family is involved with preserving history!

To answer your other forum question - only one vehicle will display, even though two model years will display.

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Welcome Joe, looking forward to your updates...

Pete