Oct 13, 2016
Trail, or
First Name
Russ
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1947
I just picked up a 1947 jeep that has been modified and has a v-8. I am not sure exactly the engine I have. My boys and I are going to work on it and thought I better get some advice before we start. After reading, my plan so far was to replace all fluids, all rubber, plugs, battery and then maybe see if it will turn over?
imagejpeg

Last edited:
those work for me. i like it. i would get it running and stoping. and drive it like it is.

those work for me. i like it. i would get it running and stoping. and drive it like it is.

That is the idea, to drive it like it is I hope to safe the top, but have to have a welder look at it. Man, I hope the engine and transmission are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pictures of the engine? A few of us may help narrow down what you have under the hood.

Any pictures of the engine? A few of us may help narrow down what you have under the hood.

It is under tarp right now and we are getting nailed on the west coast with a big storm. When it lets up I will take some photos.

15b2dc15a34061060b9b22305c45071d.jpg
ea0081dc1acc0514328b6084d7689042.jpg
369eebf8c1a96dfa75a3f5a2ae6fdee8.jpg
280687d826027b569190ddbc2445a42d.jpg

Rain let up. Here are some photos from under the hood.

What is that? It's old. Valve cover hold down bolts thru the covers, fuel pump on top of the intake? Paper oil filter.

Master of unfinished projects

What is that? It's old. Valve cover hold down bolts thru the covers, fuel pump on top of the intake? Paper oil filter.

I have no idea and was hoping someone out there would know!

Talking with a welder friend. He doesn't think I can salvage the top. That is too bad

You can salvage anything. You should see some of the historic buildings we have been involved with saving. Lol

Back