Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Just wired the money for my new-to-me 1960 wagon...

I've been looking for a wagon for years, and I finally was able to make it happen. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas... :shock:

Now to get it home. It is in Arkansas, and I'm shipping it to Idaho. I was hoping to fly and drive, but it's too far away and will be cheaper to ship it.

It needs a bit of work, but all minor stuff that I can take on here and there when I have time. The interior fabric is camo, so that will probably be the first thing I tackle after making sure it is mechanically sound.

Can't wait for it to get here...

Here's a couple of shots- :cheers:

Pete

Attachments

• MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 136
  • MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 131
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 130
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 131
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 132
Super Nice!!! ...and a factory PTO which also. Is the engine and drive train stock also? Got the Warn OD? I like the front bumper work... I may have to copy that for my wagon.

Congrates,
Tom

MajorTom said:
Super Nice!!! ...and a factory PTO which also. Is the engine and drive train stock also? Got the Warn OD? I like the front bumper work... I may have to copy that for my wagon.

Congrates,
Tom

Stock engine and drivetrain. Engine was overhauled about 10-12 years ago by the original owner. 2nd owner has the receipts for the work, but the mileage since is unknown.

It does not have the OD, that is on the wish list...

One thing it needs, is a passenger exterior door handle. Latch and interior work, but not the outside. Apparently the potmetal guts busted. Anyone have a spare they'd like to part with?

Pete

Attachments

• MVC-24.JPG
    MVC-24.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 127
Well done on your buying it and your patience waiting for the right one.
Doing that at the moment waiting for a donor for my truck as don't want to just settle.

Congrats Pete. Very very nice. What does it say on the door? Was a shop truck or tour vehicle of sorts??
Steve

aquawilly54 said:
Congrats Pete. Very very nice. What does it say on the door? Was a shop truck or tour vehicle of sorts??
Steve

Steve-

The signs on the doors are just magnetic signs for the previous owners business...

Pete

Hey Pete

Congrats on the new wagon. Hope you and the family can enjoy it. It looks really sweet from here. I hope it is as clean on the bottom as it looks from the top. What does the wife think about it???

Mikec4193

mikec4193 said:
Hey Pete

Congrats on the new wagon. Hope you and the family can enjoy it. It looks really sweet from here. I hope it is as clean on the bottom as it looks from the top. What does the wife think about it???

Mikec4193

Mike-

The seller sent me extensive photos of the bottom side. The front floor pans have had some repair, and need a bit more work to tidy them up on the bottom, but nothing serious. The tail gate hinge area on the floor has been messed with a bit and may need some attention. The rest looks pretty clean. I'm sure I'll find a few spots here and there that need more work but I it seems like it has good "bones", and a good place for me to start. Of course, one never knows what they have bought sight-unseen until it shows up in the driveway... I've bought three cars sight-unseen in the past, and every time I have sworn that I'd never do it again... Not sure what sold me on this wagon, but I liked the seller's attitude over the phone, and the wagon feels right for what I've been looking for too.

My wife actually encouraged me to move forward with the deal... :shock: I was ready to forget about it for another year because money is tight and debt is mounting. I'm feeling a bit guilty about it now that I have done it...
My boys are very sad about me selling "their" Plymouth (scarred for life :( ), and she is hoping that the wagon will help fill the hole I have created... That and she understands my need to get out in the garage and tinker under the hood of something. And how can I be the admin of such a cool website and not have a Willys? :D

My girl married me and my '53 Chevy pickemup 17 years ago... and I still have them both. I'm a lucky man...

Pete

Just signed my life away to the shippers... Now the wait begins... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Eric B said:

Is this handle missing the trigger? I haven't seen one of these in person, so I'm not sure how they work. Might be able to buy this one for parts and rebuild the two into one good one?

Pete

Did they give you a tracking device on the shipping truck???? Would be cool to follow the driver bringing it to you across the country.

Wow, Pete... she looks to be in very good shape indeed. Hope you are delighted when you get her home! That first drive should be videod.

Pavel

SavageSun Willys said:
Pete, great to hear and its a nice looking rig. Hope it just as nice when it rolls off the truck... ;) ;)

I hope so too... Buying sight-unseen is always a gamble...

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arg... the wait is killing me...

Pete

Back