Is the Moab Willys Rally going to happen next month?

TAO1

Sharpest Tool
Feb 12, 2015
Denver, Co
First Name
Thomas
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
I'm a day late and a last minute Thomas.

What with the u k w is happening I'm willing to attend but I have called Red Cliffs Lodging twice today and no answer from RCL.
It would be great to have some information about if Moab is open or locked down?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

I haven’t heard officially on the Rally in May, but Moab is basically closed and the Easter Jeep Safari in April is canceled.

We are in a wait and see mode at this point. It will all depend on the severity of the outbreak in a month, and whether or not the county keeps everything closed or not.
Stay tuned...
Pete

For those that have attended, how well or poorly do stock suspension trucks perform at this rally? I'm referring to no lift and stock height tires.

Joe

If the Rally happens, we will do a trail on Saturday that everyone can do, including stock rigs. The optional more difficult Sunday trail will be the "Top of the World trail" this year. You can google top of the world trail, to get a sense of what it will be like.
Depending on the numbers, there may also be an option on Sunday to do another easier trail.
Pete

For those that have attended, how well or poorly do stock suspension trucks perform at this rally? I'm referring to no lift and stock height tires.

Joe
As long as all of the systems on your Willys are up to snuff (cooling system, brakes, etc) and reliable, you should be fine with a stock rig. There is a little something for everyone. My wagon is stock, and I usually take it on the harder trail rides.
Pete

“For those that have attended, how well or poorly do stock suspension trucks perform at this rally? I'm referring to no lift and stock height tires.”

Last year was my first year going. I brought a bone stock 52 truck with old worn springs and stock tires. The Saturday trail was perfectly fine. There was a little bit of paint scraping off of rear bumpers down one of the approaches, but that was it. The organizers are really good about picking trails that all can enjoy and accomplish. That’s my opinion.

I looked at the 2018 Gallery. Pete, I think I saw your wagon. Was that Rick Pewe there too?

Joe

I looked at the 2018 Gallery. Pete, I think I saw your wagon. Was that Rick Pewe there too?

Joe
Yes, Rick was there. He is planning to be the guest speaker again this year, if everything goes according to plan.
Pete

Bummer news update,

I just received on my phone a notice from Casey that the OWF RALLY has been CANCELED next month.

Back