Introduction from Minnesota

strud

Knuckle Buster
Nov 16, 2009
Esko, MN
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I am new to this forum. I have a 1953 Willys Pickup that has gone through a frame up resto-modification. My goal was to make it look stock while enhancing the drive-ability. The only items that are not stock are as follows: 1967 225 Dauntless V-6 from a CJ-5, overdrive from Herm The Overdrive Guy, 11" self adjusting brake kit on both front and rear, dual reservoir master cylinder, updated gauges and an electric wiper motor.
I have been a member of WillysTech on Yahoo groups for over 9 years and have found the knowledge base extraordinary. I couldn't have done my resto-modification without groups like this. I started an album named "Strud" with a couple of photos of my truck.

strud said:
I am new to this forum. I have a 1953 Willys Pickup that has gone through a frame up resto-modification. My goal was to make it look stock while enhancing the drive-ability. The only items that are not stock are as follows: 1967 225 Dauntless V-6 from a CJ-5, overdrive from Herm The Overdrive Guy, 11" self adjusting brake kit on both front and rear, dual reservoir master cylinder, updated gauges and an electric wiper motor.
I have been a member of WillysTech on Yahoo groups for over 9 years and have found the knowledge base extraordinary. I couldn't have done my resto-modification without groups like this. I started an album named "Strud" with a couple of photos of my truck.

Welcome Strud, very nice work on your Pickup. Glad you found the new forum, and that you've posted with pics of your resto. It is my hope that guys like yourself with years of knowledge will turn up here from the other Willys groups on the net to take advantage of the easy and full featured format of the new forum. And to enlighten us with your expertise...

Thanks for joining, and I hope you enjoy your time here-

Pete

Glad to have a Minnesotan among our group...I'd like to hear and see pic's of what you have done to your Willys...drive-ability and safety is what I would like to achieve as well...perhaps a donor late model 4x4 however. If you get tired of the weather in Minnesota, come on down here and bring me a load of Birch Firewood in the Willys...

Back