crvph

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
Pickup, CJ
Willys Year:
1961, 1965
Jeeps have always been parked here at the farm or in storage someplace. Retired now and finally a chance to play. I have a 62 pickup, 66 cj5, jeep trailer, 60 TR3A Triumph, 61 PA544 Volvo 83 BMW R80st, 90 HD bagger, couple of old tractors, wife says one more and it's curtains for me. I like the old stuff, takes me back in time when life wasn't so complicated. Anyway I enjoy these forums, lots of good folks and tons hidesight, Something very valuable in this day and age. I'm hoping someone can tell me where I can send my carter carb off the 62 to have it rebuilt and still get the same carb back. I enjoy all the reads and respect the enormous talent that makes up this forum. If some one has a name and phone number it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mike

Attachments

First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Welcome aboard Mike. I'm fairly close too you. (Near Gillette Stadium) good carb guys are dinosaurs today. There is still one in Norwood Ma. if you want to send it out. It used to be Universal Carburetor but same guys different name now. I can check them out for you. I would try to find some local first however.
diggerG (Greg)

crvph

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
Pickup, CJ
Willys Year:
1961, 1965
Welcome aboard Mike. I'm fairly close too you. (Near Gillette Stadium) good carb guys are dinosaurs today. There is still one in Norwood Ma. if you want to send it out. It used to be Universal Carburetor but same guys different name now. I can check them out for you. I would try to find some local first however.
diggerG (Greg)
Thanks, I did rebuild it with a kit but there where a couple of small things missing. It now starts good, runs good but cant get rid of a slight stall when the accelerator linkage first moves, you have to feather through it to bring up the R's. once through it it reves fine. I know that some of the folks that sell parts via catalogs and web sites are willing to send it out (5 to 6 wks), or get an exchange with core. I just want to send this carb out to someone who can rebuild, repair, recondition, bench test, and send the same carb back. I've got emails out to folks but no word as yet.

First Name
Leonard
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
look up "Scoutpilot" and this is the guy that is highly recommended over on the CJ2A forums !

here it is: http://oldjeepcarbs.com/board/7/contact-scoutpilot

I couldn't find a bookmark for his webpage but if you do some snooping around on the CJ2A forums searching for Carter, you will probably find positive discussion of Scoutpilot's refurbs.

Let us know what shakes-loose.