May 11, 2017
Ellijay, Georgia 30540
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
I have entered my location "Ellijay, Georgia 30540" in the Location field under my Profile settings but I don't appear to be showing on the Member Map.

Is there a double secret password I am not aware of?

thx
Greg

Greg-
Your pin on the map is located based on the geolocation of your internet service provider, and is automatically placed on the map. It does not come from the location information in your profile. When you open the map, your pin will be directly in the center of the screen view of the map, and may not be in the correct place for where you live. Once you find your pin, you an drag it to the correct spot on the map and it should stay there.

Because the pins are all the same color, it can be hard to find your pin... Working on a fix to change the color the pin so it can be found more easily.

Pete

Greg-
Your pin on the map is located based on the geolocation of your internet service provider, and is automatically placed on the map. It does not come from the location information in your profile. When you open the map, your pin will be directly in the center of the screen view of the map, and may not be in the correct place for where you live. Once you find your pin, you an drag it to the correct spot on the map and it should stay there.

Because the pins are all the same color, it can be hard to find your pin... Working on a fix to change the color the pin so it can be found more easily.

Pete

Thanks Pete !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott,

In the menu bar above, there is a pull down menu under "Members". Click the triangle to open the pull down menu, then click on "Member's Map".
The map will open with your pin centered on the map. Use the + to zoom in until you can see your pin. When you hover over a pin, it opens a popup with your username. Once you have found your pin, you can drag it to correct the location if it isn't correct. The pin locations are based on your IP address geolocation.

Pete

Hi Pete !
I am a new member March 2019, and I just looked at the map, and could not find my pin for Anderson, California.
Just a few minutes ago I drug the little-man in the photo and plopped it in northern California.
( I couldn't find 'my' pin ). I am using Microsoft Edge, and I got a note that said the map did not load correctly.
Is the pin setting ability a one-time shot, or is it something we can move around or edit if we make a physical move ?
Just curious, and I am not really too concerned if I get it set or not. :)

Thanks,
Len

Hi Pete !
I am a new member March 2019, and I just looked at the map, and could not find my pin for Anderson, California.
Just a few minutes ago I drug the little-man in the photo and plopped it in northern California.
( I couldn't find 'my' pin ). I am using Microsoft Edge, and I got a note that said the map did not load correctly.
Is the pin setting ability a one-time shot, or is it something we can move around or edit if we make a physical move ?
Just curious, and I am not really too concerned if I get it set or not. :)

Thanks,
Len

I was hoping to get some clarification from Pete after he reads this. And I will sit down and jiggle the pins some other evening.

Hey weldingrod, looks like you have been getting some cold-winter-weather up your way. I know I am ready for spring.

I was hoping to get some clarification from Pete after he reads this. And I will sit down and jiggle the pins some other evening.

Hey weldingrod, looks like you have been getting some cold-winter-weather up your way. I know I am ready for spring.
Yes we have but thank goodness I've been in AZ. for the winter----

When you first open the map, your pin should be right in the center of the map. You might have to zoom in to find it. Hover over the pins to find your pin.
Pete

Back