Hi I just joined, I guess my name is Rosanna and I have a CJ3A 1953

"...rims and other various things..."
on the tire, many run a lill wider and taller. The 'patch' (contact patch = area of tire contact w/roadway or trail)
when increased gives better traction, taller tires - more ground clearence (good 4 off rd), ease in sourcing and therefore ofter reduction (fora better product) in price. Nota bad trade off...
I C "other things"? If not repulsed by my patronizing (U probably knew all this) what other things are U considering or working with?

I have original wheels for a CJ3B 1963. Not sure if they would be the same. If so, I'm willing to part with them.
Hey JHawksJeep,

I see you live in Dallas, I happen to live in Irving. Do you work on your jeep much? I am always interested in meeting forum members when possible. Let me know if that is something you would agree with.

Hey JHawksJeep,

I see you live in Dallas, I happen to live in Irving. Do you work on your jeep much? I am always interested in meeting forum members when possible. Let me know if that is something you would agree with.
The jeep was in Oklahoma at my father in-law's. So my son and I worked on it when we could. He had a good space and plenty of tools. Since his passing we moved the Jeep to a shop near Van Alstyne. We ran into issues needing a lift. My son will be leaving for college soon so I recruited help to get it done by next spring. I would be up for meeting in September after I get him off to school.

The jeep was in Oklahoma at my father in-law's. So my son and I worked on it when we could. He had a good space and plenty of tools. Since his passing we moved the Jeep to a shop near Van Alstyne. We ran into issues needing a lift. My son will be leaving for college soon so I recruited help to get it done by next spring. I would be up for meeting in September after I get him off to school.
Sounds Good. Jeeps are never ending projects. They are worse than Honey Do List. You will find this is a great place to get answers and inside info on these vehicles. There is also a lot of encouragement. When you see the before and after pictures of the projects, it gives you courage to continue with that hopeless money pit.

24 hrs or so and off of OP's post.
May be get back to it?

In the midst of tire selection fora CJ?
Like most automotive Qs the answ is in the APPLICATION.
What will this vehicle's main use be? 80% of the driving conditions, # mi/yr?

Thanks people for the welcoming, I think I'll be putting 7.00-15 Deestone mud and snow tires on my 15x4-1/2 " rims, they'll get me up 3/4" further off the ground than the 205/75 does, and look better on the Kelsey Hayes rims I bought here in Florida.

As far as I guess my name is Rosanna, is because I thought I spelled it Roseanna, after my two grandmothers' names.

Back