greenone from Serbia

presvjetli

Bigger Hammer
Feb 8, 2010
Ruma Serbia
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Here I am in new topic...Nebojsa from Sebia,owner of two Wagons...[attachment=1:3e1t8mc7]Picture 077.jpg[/attachment:3e1t8mc7]
I wonder which models had bars on the front bumper?

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 129
Guess I have to ask...how in the world did all these folks from Serbia end up with all those Willy's wagons??????? Must have been a dealer there who took all the left overs that did not sell here. :mrgreen:

Willys was in army aid to ex Yugoslavia... First eight 56.like my for UDB-a (something like CIA) and then about 30 for army where they were vehicles for officers,generales... My greenone was from US military(paint is olivegeen,marks...) and brownone was civilian (silver paint in original). Ex Yugoslavian army has part of arsenal from SSSR and part of USA. :lol:

Yes, Presvjetli is right, those models that we have here in Serbia came as kind of help of the american government during the 60s, as I've heard. Those vehicles must have originally been intended for the european (or other?) market, since they all have the digits on the speedometer in km|h, not in miles (see my avatar!, it reads 14!)!

Luckily for us! :thumbup:

Too cool guys. Keep em' going. I'm in the middle of trying to freshen up another engine for mine, so i can get it back out on the road. Just when I get to the point of being so pissed off over it and figure I ought to just sell it, something good comes out of it and there's no way anyone could pry it away from me. I became a Willys fan back in 1978 when my high school auto teacher drove his in. I looked at it and said WOW! Okay, different words, but you get the idea. :D I'm stoked to see that these things are pretty much everywhere. I have an online friend in Austraila who has a couple of them as well. Do you two know each other or are you too far apart?
Take care guys.
Steve

mladen.caver said:
Yes, Presvjetli is right, those models that we have here in Serbia came as kind of help of the american government during the 60s, as I've heard. Those vehicles must have originally been intended for the european (or other?) market, since they all have the digits on the speedometer in km|h, not in miles (see my avatar!, it reads 14!)!

Luckily for us! :thumbup:
These digits are only difference between model for Europe and US model.Most of Yugoslavian Willys Wagons was with F134 engine. I found one Wagon with flath front grill and these speedometer[attachment=0:3vrsq558]tabla.jpg[/attachment:3vrsq558]
Owner is little heavy...mute&deaf :cry: . I don't have a chance to see it from close,but I hope to buy it soon.Maybe he has L4!? :?:

Attachments

• tabla.jpg
    tabla.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 94
Let's get together and send our new friends our spare parts...Looking at your pictures I don't see the rust as we have here in the States...you folks apparently don't put salt on the roads to get rid of the ice and snow...you are lucky. Good Luck with all that white stuff - snow in your pictures!

62 OlllO said:
Let's get together and send our new friends our spare parts...Looking at your pictures I don't see the rust as we have here in the States...you folks apparently don't put salt on the roads to get rid of the ice and snow...you are lucky. Good Luck with all that white stuff - snow in your pictures!

Right, spare parts are more than welcome ;) I need the rear left headright, for instance. Though with some luck I may find it here in Serbia. And yes, we also put salt on the roads. This winter we've had lots of snow and cold weather, even now as I'm writing this, it's snowing outside and my wagon will soon be blue'n'white...

As for the rust thing, take a look at my vehicle and you'll see some fine examples of it :mrgreen: The body on my vehicle has some fine rust (escpecially the chassis and the bottom part of the body) which, of course, may be dealt with...

@ AquaWilly - Nebojsha (Presvjetli) and I are not too far apart, some 200+ miles, and we have known each other from a serbian oldtimer forum for several months now, thanking to the incredible vehicles that we have. There aren't many willys wagons in Serbia in good condition, most of them are ruined or disassembled.

@62 OIIIO
I am lycku one with my Willys.Whole life was in dry garage and had very litlle rust (rear door),other Wagon's wasn't lucky like mine...Most of them are rusty and destroyed.My other Wagon has a lot of rust and he is younger then greenone! Yes we put salt on the roads,lot's of salt. Most car are rusty(not my :D I drive Volvo and rust free Willys :cool: :lol: ).Weather condition here is...hmmm...similar conditions in Chicago.Maybe this summer I come in USA,just maybe :?:
Thank for support!

@62 OIIIO
I am lycku one with my Willys.Whole life was in dry garage and had very litlle rust (rear door),other Wagon's wasn't lucky like mine...Most of them are rusty and destroyed.My other Wagon has a lot of rust and he is younger then greenone! Yes we put salt on the roads,lot's of salt. Most car are rusty(not my :D I drive Volvo and rust free Willys :cool: :lol: ).Weather condition here is...hmmm...similar conditions in Chicago.Maybe this summer I come in USA,just maybe :?:
Thank for support!

Do you mean taillight? If so I'll send you my '62...I'm replacing them with some sort of LED lights for brake, turn signal plus a third brake light....modernizing, customizing and fabricating....ship to address? If you ever get to the states, you can stay here for a bit, plus I have a place in north Georgia, USA you can stay at as well, bring the family...and I'm sure others here would open their doors for ya!

My hoby are oldtimers. Beside Willys I have Dodge Power Wagon W100 61. (rare),Alfa Romeo GTV(restoration in process) and currently in negotiations to buy two Dodge WC-52 :D .I had and sold GMC CCKW 353 and Willys MB.
Few years ago I worked restoration of Citroen DS21 for friend of mine...[attachment=2:3gev6v5r]brown.JPG[/attachment:3gev6v5r][attachment=1:3gev6v5r]w100.JPG[/attachment:3gev6v5r][attachment=0:3gev6v5r]dodge.JPG[/attachment:3gev6v5r]

Attachments

• brown.JPG
    brown.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 22
  • w100.JPG
    w100.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 22
  • dodge.JPG
    dodge.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 22
[attachment=2:19qduxyd]ajkula.jpg[/attachment:19qduxyd][attachment=1:19qduxyd]alfa.jpg[/attachment:19qduxyd][attachment=0:19qduxyd]alfaa.jpg[/attachment:19qduxyd][attachment=0:19qduxyd]alfaa.jpg[/attachment:19qduxyd]

Attachments

• ajkula.jpg
    ajkula.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
  • alfa.jpg
    alfa.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 21
  • alfaa.jpg
    alfaa.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21
[attachment=1:es1l6430]gmc.JPG[/attachment:es1l6430][attachment=0:es1l6430]w1.JPG[/attachment:es1l6430]

Attachments

• gmc.JPG
    gmc.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 22
  • w1.JPG
    w1.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 22
62 OlllO said:
Do you mean taillight? If so I'll send you my '62...I'm replacing them with some sort of LED lights for brake, turn signal plus a third brake light....modernizing, customizing and fabricating....ship to address? If you ever get to the states, you can stay here for a bit, plus I have a place in north Georgia, USA you can stay at as well, bring the family...and I'm sure others here would open their doors for ya!

Right, I meant the taillight, here are the pics of my lights, the left is broken and my grandfather put some other lights to fill the gap :D the right one is OK. If I happen not to find the left taillight, I may contant you, thanks for the offer, and for the INVITE as well!!!!

taillightleft.jpg

(LEFT)

AND

taillightright.jpg

(RIGHT)

If anyone have expirience with "overdrive",his instalacion,price...let write something. I am interested to get one for my 56. Wagon

You have a heck of a line up for cars you are working on. If there is any chance you can get over here the weekend of 15 May when some of us are going to meet up in Moab Utah that would be great. Hopefully this will be an annual event and if you cannot make it this May then maybe next year. I am going to push for a meetup in Sept-Oct time frame in 2011.

I am out in Arizona and you are welcome here. Got a few parts, not many, but be sure to post your needs on here and maybe someone has a better condition part they can let you have...

SavageSun Willys said:
You have a heck of a line up for cars you are working on. If there is any chance you can get over here the weekend of 15 May when some of us are going to meet up in Moab Utah that would be great. Hopefully this will be an annual event and if you cannot make it this May then maybe next year. I am going to push for a meetup in Sept-Oct time frame in 2011.

I am out in Arizona and you are welcome here. Got a few parts, not many, but be sure to post your needs on here and maybe someone has a better condition part they can let you have...

THANK'S!!! Of course you are more than welcome here! :cheers:

Back