Gear Grinder
May 20, 2020
Longmont. Colorado n 80503
First Name
David
Willys Model
Jeepster
Willys Year:
Got my front end all fixed new King Pins and all the parts to rebuild the front end except the main spring ! Even got the expensive King Pin kit $406.00 , $ 550.00 for the other parts and 2 new brake calipers and four fresh Firestone tires for $390.00 and the wheel is straight goes 65 mph with the old tires straight we are all ready to go ! One CCars one guy told me my Jeepster is a kit

F74EBEA6-5EE0-4BE7-A37E-8162D435EDAA.jpeg

Barnabas

Bigger Hammer
Jun 28, 2015
Mount Vernon IL
First Name
Scott
Willys Model
Jeepster
Willys Year:
Got my front end all fixed new King Pins and all the parts to rebuild the front end except the main spring ! Even got the expensive King Pin kit $406.00 , $ 550.00 for the other parts and 2 new brake calipers and four fresh Firestone tires for $390.00 and the wheel is straight goes 65 mph with the old tires straight we are all ready to go ! One CCars one guy told me my Jeepster is a kit

View attachment 79796
A kit? Yes, I had a guy ask me what year my volkswagen is? I asked why he thought it was a volkswagen? He says it has a VW hubcap on the spare. Well, he had the W right. Your guy probably saw one of those hideous Excallibur kit cars and lost a few memory cells comparing them in his mind.
I took my Econoline Pickup to the local Goodyear service center for a front end alignment when I got the various parts put together. I told them it had a beam axle and the only thing they were going to be able to do is set the toe in. 20 minutes later they came and told me they were only going to be able to set the toe in. Ya think? I was told the same on my Jeepster. They don't know what that Kingpin stuff is all about.

Attachments

Last edited: