Precision Fit
Nov 22, 2010
Phoenix AZ
First Name
Jim
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
Gotta love Craigs list. 75 bucks each and brand new. These should work great in the wagon.

IMG_2271.jpg

shapeimage_3.png

Buster had to test it out:
shapeimage_2.png

Hey Jim

Not sure how you posted your pictures but they didnt seem to come out...I even copy and pasted and something rather strange came up...Sorry..maybe I am really slow..

MikeC

mikec4193 said:
Hey Jim

Not sure how you posted your pictures but they didnt seem to come out...I even copy and pasted and something rather strange came up...Sorry..maybe I am really slow..

MikeC

Not sure either. If I paste what is between ] [ it loads fine on mine, but it should embed them. I put them on flicker and see if that makes a difference?

I did nothing different other than use Flickr rather than mobile me.

Nice find!!!!

I am still gonna try sporting the original style benches for in the front for awhile till the springs really start to hurt.

Eric B said:
Nice find!!!!

I am still gonna try sporting the original style benches for in the front for awhile till the springs really start to hurt.

This is what the truck came with, are these the original style?
5329205004_897872b259.jpg

It doesn't appear to me that the bench seat you inherited is an original, but it does look good. For safety, use huge washers ( 2" or 3 " dia.) when bolting the new seats in...the bigger the washer, the better.

62 OlllO said:
It doesn't appear to me that the bench seat you inherited is an original, but it does look good. For safety, use huge washers ( 2" or 3 " dia.) when bolting the new seats in...the bigger the washer, the better.

The photographer made the seat look better than it is :shock:

The washer will be enough? I was wondered if I needed extra bracing.

Jim, I just installed tan leather buckets in my Jeepster and took a tip from a old hot rodder buddy. I wanted the seat base to sit slightly higer in the front, plus since mine came from a t-bird they were about 3/4" higher at the front right corners.

Go to the hardware store and pick up some cheap 1lb rubber mallets, drill the hole for the mounting bolt first while the handle is still on (it secures in the vise easier), then figure out if you want any mount hieght variance between front and back and side to side, then cut the sections of rubber with a saw-zaw. I used SS fender washers top and bottom plus the large washers that came with the seatbelts under the floorpan. You can also add an additional washer or two if you just need a little extra spacing. I used 3/4" in the back and 1" and 1 3/4" in the front (L & R) so I used 4 mallets in total ($2.50 each at Harbor Frieght). The most you can pull is about 1 3/4 inches with that size mallet, perhaps a larger mallet could give you more height.

They fit great and don't squeek or grind at all. It was a great homemade mounting system. I've got pics at home so email me if you want to see the final result. good luck, Mark

The bigger the round washer is the more steel it is attached to....I use a 3 1/2" washer on both sides of the floor...I also weld in extra steel in the "b" pillar for the shoulder harness for a three point seat belt.

I spent several days hunting junkyards with a tape measure to find the right seat for my truck. The seat I ended up with fits perfect. Its a rear seat from an 86 full size bronco XLT. The back is thin enough, it flips forward and has seat belts. I even used the latch setup. This is a comfortable seat with the right dimensions. :D

Back