Frankenstein’s Willys

Nice job, looking good. I did an electric swap on mine and left the stock cables and pulleys. Like you said they work more or less. Less when snow slides off the roof and one pulley looses it's cable. Not fun in a Sierra White out.

Nice job, looking good. I did an electric swap on mine and left the stock cables and pulleys. Like you said they work more or less. Less when snow slides off the roof and one pulley looses it's cable. Not fun in a Sierra White out.
Rain X isn't going to work there.

I’ll take some updated photos as the system in the original pics started leaking. I was able to keep the 8” dual diaphragm booster and added a dual master cylinder From Speedway Motors. I was also able to keep the original proportioning valve from the old power brake setup. The other thing I had done was a brake pedal that hangs on a bracket mounted to the firewall. Let me know if you need any other information.

Attachments

• C449F9FF-3C7C-495D-B5B3-C4C092925D26.jpeg
    C449F9FF-3C7C-495D-B5B3-C4C092925D26.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 53B128AA-BEB0-4D2C-9C2E-EC76C5CE63CD.jpeg
    53B128AA-BEB0-4D2C-9C2E-EC76C5CE63CD.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 24
  • AB052DE0-56DF-4A0B-9E02-8ED8361817DC.jpeg
    AB052DE0-56DF-4A0B-9E02-8ED8361817DC.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 24
  • C297E9D3-6CF2-4087-9A95-1BB898116C65.jpeg
    C297E9D3-6CF2-4087-9A95-1BB898116C65.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 23
I’ll take some updated photos as the system in the original pics started leaking. I was able to keep the 8” dual diaphragm booster and added a dual master cylinder From Speedway Motors. I was also able to keep the original proportioning valve from the old power brake setup. The other thing I had done was a brake pedal that hangs on a bracket mounted to the firewall. Let me know if you need any other information.
Very cool. I don't have power breaks and still have drums all around. I like the idea of a hanging pedal. How do you like it?

The AC is thanks to John at The Air Shop in Santa Ana. He does good work.
Small world, I went to Mc Kinley Elementary school in Santa Ana. Corner of 3rd and Flower. I'm sure it's gone now. That was in the mid to late 50's

what did you use for motor mounts?
what did you use for motor mounts?
The V8 was in the Willys when I found it and it looks like a cross member was installed and rubber mounts and a bolt were welded to the cross member. Then an engine plate or motor plate was bolted to the front of the engine and then bolted to the mounts. This is a part number to Speedway Motors Motor Plate. It’s not exact but similar. 425RM6093. Then there is a crossmember holding the trans to the frame. I would take pictures but there is too much stuffed under the hood to see the motor plate.

Very cool. I don't have power breaks and still have drums all around. I like the idea of a hanging pedal. How do you like it?
Pedal works really well and matches the clutch pedal as well. More like a modern vehicle. (I know, I used the “M” word.)

The V8 was in the Willys when I found it and it looks like a cross member was installed and rubber mounts and a bolt were welded to the cross member. Then an engine plate or motor plate was bolted to the front of the engine and then bolted to the mounts. This is a part number to Speedway Motors Motor Plate. It’s not exact but similar. 425RM6093. Then there is a crossmember holding the trans to the frame. I would take pictures but there is too much stuffed under the hood to see the motor plate.
thanks for the info. no need for pictures

Back