Floor replacement?

First Name
Jeff
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
It appeared when I bought my pickup that it was fairly rust free. As I have worked on it (removed floor mats and smelly pad, etc.) I have come to the conclusion that the floor was replaced and the job was fairly good.

Now the question: Looking underneath, I found some rust through but there is solid floor above it. There isn't double layer in any of the floor areas, is there? If not, I think i will carefully remove the rusted parts, and seal the old to the new.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Willymakit

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
First Name
Steve
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
If you are seeing rust through with solid metal above it as you say, then I would think whoever replaced it just scabbed a piece of metal over the old to the point of where he could find solid metal to weld to making it a double layer as you called it. Mine was so far gone i replaced it with 16ga sheet metal along with the rocker panels and cab corners which can be bought from most of the vendors. It isn't a big problem it just doesn't look good from the bottom but I did remove ALL the old rust through. If you are going with a floormat or carpet no one will know unless they look underneath. Hope this helps.:) 20171127_153401.jpg 20181005_194002.jpg