Eric
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
  2. 1957
  3. 1964
I have been working on the landscaping around the house and had a bunch of extra dirt. I had been bagging it up for easy handling around the yard, so the bags went into the back of the FC and off I went to the "dirt factory" that takes fill dirt of unknown quality. I had been unloading the dirt for about 20 minutes before I thought to get a picture. When I started, the bags were piled up like blocks to make a pyramid shape with the top about even with the middle of the rear window.

I figured with the awesome braking power of the stock brakes, I wouldn't need to worry about stopping so fast that the top bags would come through the rear window!

With all the big haul trucks moving around, it kind of reminded me of the Irish Rovers song, The Biplane, Ever More. :) Except in this case, I was getting a lot of thumbs ups from the other drivers.

170.jpg

Yes, I and the FC were there. I think it was in 2011. Take the 101 from Thunderbird on the west side of town and not get run over by everyone doing 80mph in the 65mph zones. I was the only one not speeding. :)

The pic was from 2010. One of the first years my folks flew me out there for the Jamboree. I got to teach my dad a thing or two about offroading.

A couple years later Daystar had one they had rebuilt:
IMG_20131019_115152_100.jpg

And then a couple more years they had the mean green monster machine at the Jamboree:

1958_Jeep_FC170_1.jpg

I have been working on the landscaping around the house and had a bunch of extra dirt. I had been bagging it up for easy handling around the yard, so the bags went into the back of the FC and off I went to the "dirt factory" that takes fill dirt of unknown quality. I had been unloading the dirt for about 20 minutes before I thought to get a picture. When I started, the bags were piled up like blocks to make a pyramid shape with the top about even with the middle of the rear window.

I figured with the awesome braking power of the stock brakes, I wouldn't need to worry about stopping so fast that the top bags would come through the rear window!

With all the big haul trucks moving around, it kind of reminded me of the Irish Rovers song, The Biplane, Ever More. :) Except in this case, I was getting a lot of thumbs ups from the other drivers.

View attachment 88349
Hi, nice. looks like a good load. My FC has a lot of air conditioning...

Back