E-Brake re-routing

Idaho Mark

Sharpest Tool
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I’m hoping there are several others here that have addressed the dilemma I’m facing. Namely, running e-brake cables to the rear brakes whereas the original e-brake went to the transfer case. My wagon now sports scout axels and a dana 20 tc. So, I gotta come up with something to the rear brakes from the firewall. Been thinking about a ParkLok, but not really what I want. Any thoughts, suppliers and/or pictures would be much appreciated.

cwdtmmrs

Well Oiled
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
There a lots of ways to do that Mark, including an electrically operated unit. You will need custom cables made. Not expensive. I hade mine made at Control Cables in Santa Fe Springs Ca. Willys America has a bunch of ready made cables that might work as well. Do you have the Orschein handle?

Idaho Mark

Sharpest Tool
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
If an Orschein handle is the original for a '63 wagon, then yes, I have several of the e-brake parts, just not installed. Was wanting to go with a foot operated unit but original would work. Biggest problems arise from dual exhausts and flowmasters. Cables would be snaking all under the place. Neat and tidy is the watchword. Intrigued by the electrically operated unit. Tell me more, please. Will check out Control Cables. Thanx!

Idaho Mark

Sharpest Tool
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Thank you, my friend. Checked out controlcables. This is what I was looking for. As cool as the electronic systems seem to be, it looks a little too high tech for my old ride. I'll see what else I can dig up.

First Name
Mark
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
There a lots of ways to do that Mark, including an electrically operated unit. You will need custom cables made. Not expensive. I hade mine made at Control Cables in Santa Fe Springs Ca. Willys America has a bunch of ready made cables that might work as well. Do you have the Orschein handle?
Big shout out to cwdtmmrs. Thank you for turning me onto Control Cables. Took me a while to act, but got them today. A perfect fit. And a deal at $123. Only downside of the whole thing was the same day I ordered them made, California's Gruesome Newsom shut the state down. Glad they made it through the dempanic. Will solve my boat ramp problem.