May 27, 2013
Bozeman, Montana
First Name
Daniel
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Thinking it will be easier to get new doors than fix the rust on on the originals. What doors will work on a 1960 wagon? Found one off a 50s Wagon or truck any reason that won't work?

Thanks. Do you know what the differences are with thewing windows? Can you use the glass out of the 60 in a 50s door?

46-47 non opening vent windows, 48-49 stainless vent windows, 50-64 painted black vent windows. 48-64 doors interchangeable. Opening mechanism 46-51 push button, 52-64 inside lever, they are interchangeable. the only other difference could be outside trim or the lack of. Call Willys America (707) 632-5258 and order a parts manual & restoration guide it has a wealth of info.

On my truck, we found differences in the shape of the bottom rear corner - one was a bit more rounded than the other, took a little finessing to change the rounded one to match the more square version. Still interchangeable, just a small issue that may or may not make any difference to someone.

Call Willys America (707) 632-5258 and order a parts manual & restoration guide it has a wealth of info.

I have a version of that book from over a decade ago - I hope he's corrected it in the current version, the one I have is less accurate than desired...

Was anything different in either body or doors that makes the weatherstrip different for different years? The earlier ones (maybe pre 53?) took a thinner one, I believe.

Was anything different in either body or doors that makes the weatherstrip different for different years? The earlier ones (maybe pre 53?) took a thinner one, I believe.

You're correct on the change in weatherstrip. As far as I know, the difference is the body, not the door. But I haven't been able to fully confirm that.

Back