Dana 25 widths all the same?

dezracer

Bigger Hammer
Mar 13, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I have a 1960 truck in which the front axle grenaded cracking the diff housing. We have sourced and bought a Dana 25 for rebuild and replacement but it was off a wagon\panel truck not sure what year. Were they all the same? Anybody foresee any issues with the swap? Thanks

Eric B

Precision Fit
Nov 27, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Eric
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Other
Shouldn't be an issue, I am sure some others might pipe up and change my mind.

Although there could be an issue considering the wagon dana 44 is not as wide as the dana 53 in the rear end of the trucks.

I honestly don't know if that is normal or not.

silicond17

Precision Fit
Nov 18, 2009
Clearwater, FL
First Name
Garrett
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I know the internals and knuckles will swap out. I'm using flatfender CJ Dana 25 internals in mine. I'm not 100% sure, but the axle shafts for the truck and wagon are all the same order number, so I'd have to say the axles are the same width.

dezracer

Bigger Hammer
Mar 13, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Thanks. Not to concerned about the internals as everythig is being replaced wih new EXCEPT the axle shafts. Thats my concern on width. I was awre that the rear axle is wider on the trucks , just want to be sure on the front befor we start. Gues I will get the tapemeasure out. Thanks.

Jeep School

Bigger Hammer
Mar 19, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
According to The Service Manual specifications, the track widths of the pickups and wagons are the same in the front, though, as you already know, the truck is wider in the back.

dezracer

Bigger Hammer
Mar 13, 2010
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Thanks for the replies. I confimed with the tape measure (had to wait, truck in is in Utah, Im in Nevada) and they are identical. Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

Gojeep

Well Oiled
Jan 10, 2010
Victoria Australia
First Name
Marcus
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
dezracer said:
Thanks for the replies. I confimed with the tape measure (had to wait, truck in is in Utah, Im in Nevada) and they are identical. Thanks again. Have a great weekend.
What hub to hub measurement did you get? Has been some discussions about this verses the track measurement.