Jan 10, 2017
Australia
First Name
David
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
After a complete ground off re-build our beautiful little CJ2A has settled into her new home in country Victoria, Australia. We have created her own special parking spot outside our recently completed bathroom area inside our "home-away-from-home" shed.
One of the many reasons for importing our jeep from the US was to be able to use her to cruise around the local area and soak up the stunning scenery this area is known for. We have certainly been doing plenty of this - rain and shine (no hail).
Recently I took my 82 y/o Dad for a spin in our 72 y/o CJ - an awesome short trip that will be cherished in the years ahead. The "old man's" smile reminded me of when we use to sit in the trailer he would tow behind our old Ford when I was a boy. Paying it back!
The CJ attracts a lot of attention whenever we take her out for a drive. From the very young to the young at heart she is a favourite. There are not too many outings where we don’t get asked many a question about her. Most can't believe that she is all original and 72 years old to boot!
We will keep posting updates on our travels in "Wilma" (not sure why she got this name but it fits).
Crusin With Dad.jpgCrusin (2).jpgCrusin.jpgWillys Parking.jpgCrusin (1).jpgCrusin With Dad (1).jpgCrusin With Princess.jpgCrusin With Princess (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Eric,
We kept her pretty stock. The Willy’s emblem stitched into the seats was something we thought would set her off a bit.
We plan to give the Go Devil a full overhaul next year - she’s a little low on compression.
Plenty of years left in her yet!
Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Brian,
We are looking forward to catching up on the huge collection of posts and photos here. We are also looking forward to posting more adventures of ‘Wilma’.
Regards,
Roey and The Princess

Welcome from South Carolina David. Great looking 2a and a great story. Wilma seems like a good name for her. I call my 2a Willy Eugene sometimes, after Popeye's pet Eugene the Jeep. But you may not be old enough to remember Popeyes cartoons but your Dad certainly is.:cool:20171223_143427.jpg

Hello Steve,
Thanks for the feedback and for you photo of Eugene. I do indeed remember Popeye. In fact, I spent 15 years in our Navy in Australia and joined with a guy nicknamed Popeye (he really did look like him!). It's funny how cars end up with names. Wilma the Willys just came to me one day when we were driving her and it's stuck.
Your 2A looks great. Love the combination of colours. The red really pops against the grey. Well done.
I look forward to keeping up with your posts.
Regards,
Dave

Welcome from South Carolina David. Great looking 2a and a great story. Wilma seems like a good name for her. I call my 2a Willy Eugene sometimes, after Popeye's pet Eugene the Jeep. But you may not be old enough to remember Popeyes cartoons but your Dad certainly is.:cool:View attachment 45337

Back