Correct ignition switch for 1962 Willys truck

wmildman

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Edsel
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I have been told the correct ignition switch has the escutcheon plate going in from front and spring loaded 1/4 turn body with screw posts for connections

wmildman

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Edsel
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I have a whole bucket of ignition switches most with keys for Jeeps. I must have the one you want. Do you still need?
diggerG
If you have time to look through your bucket I appreciate it
I do not expect to get everything back to original but some things.
Thank You

diggerG

Well Oiled
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
I just found one. It's a 4 post but it has a chrome 1 1/8' kinda smoothed off nut holding it in. It is NOT the twisty spring loaded tab one. I have a 63 230 wagon that has the same exact switch still in it. I question Frank's post about the spring loaded escutcheon being the correct one. I will however look some more. Does yours have the posts or a plug in?
diggerG

First Name
Edsel
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I just found one. It's a 4 post but it has a chrome 1 1/8' kinda smoothed off nut holding it in. It is NOT the twisty spring loaded tab one. I have a 63 230 wagon that has the same exact switch still in it. I question Frank's post about the spring loaded escutcheon being the correct one. I will however look some more. Does yours have the posts or a plug in?
diggerG
The one installed now is plug in but wrong, should be post (4)

Herk

Precision Fit
First Name
Nate
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I think they went to the threaded escutcheon in 1960 or so. Pollack probably discontinued the earlier style and Willys would have installed whatever was most economically available, especially in the later years of Utility production.

First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Edsel
The switch you have is out of an early (1960's) Jeep Wagoneer or truck or Jeepster Commando. They have the spring and twist on escutcheon. I have a bunch of them. I have a 5 gal. pail full of mostly ignition switches from Jeeps but I do not have the 4 post and spring loaded twist on style. I believe they do not exist or I would have one. I could be proven wrong though.
My theory, part numbers or descriptions are wrong. Somebody messed up.
diggerG

First Name
Greg
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Anybody????? We're trying to figure out Edsel's ignition switch issue. Come on guys, either back up or disprove my theory. even I am curious. Who KNOWS he or she has the CORRECT original ignition switch for a 1956 57 58...or thereabouts Jeep wagon or pickup and chime in!
diggerG