Changing to a new engine

Suzy Greene

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Suzy
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
Hi, my L134 was gone when I purchased the vehicle, I went thru the trans and upgraded the T90 to connect to a 4.3 vortec. Now I find that the radiator to connect is like hens teeth 2 suppliers have after market for close to 500 dollars plus shipping. Any ideas on a reasonable radiator ?

skratch

Bigger Hammer
First Name
john
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
Suzy, you might consider checking salvage yards, most have nation wide access to parts sources.
Probably a lot cheaper too.

daveyj

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
Forward Control
Willys Year:
Do you have an original radiator? A buddy has a 4.3 swap in his cj and he’s using the original rad. I seem to recall he has a steel crossover pipe for the lower rad line

Suzy Greene

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Suzy
Willys Model
CJ
Willys Year:
Hi, my L134 was gone when I purchased the vehicle, I went thru the trans and upgraded the T90 to connect to a 4.3 vortec. Now I find that the radiator to connect is like hens teeth 2 suppliers have after market for close to 500 dollars plus shipping. Any ideas on a reasonable radiator ?
Found an 60' mustang radiator that was correct size 130 dollars.

Chip

Knuckle Buster
First Name
Chip
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Try googling vintage jeep radiator. There is a website where they sell aluminum radiators for your jeep for about $250. free shipping. Be sure you get the right fit. Check the positions of the outlets for the hoses to engine block.