Well Oiled
Mar 3, 2013
Midwest
First Name
Jim
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
Has anyone ever made one of these for our cars? It would be nice to have one in the windshield at car shows. The picture below is from the Sunbeam Alpine group I belong to.

Attachments

• displays.jpg
    displays.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 109
No ,..not that I have ever seen... that would be something you would have to have custom made.....i don't need no fancy smancy.. color gloss printed vehicle show card.....

all I use out at the weekend show is a sheet of paper....in a frame from the 99 cent store...
index.php
.....there is a similar one the White Beast..on the left... Showing just a basic rundown... Year ,.make ,..model along with..what is in the truck....and where it came from.

Larry

Attachments

• IMG_20190518_150127745_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190518_150127745_HDR.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
No ,..not that I have ever seen... that would be something you would have to have custom made.....i don't need no fancy smancy.. color gloss printed vehicle show card.....

all I use out at the weekend show is a sheet of paper....in a frame from the 99 cent store...
index.php
.....there is a similar one the White Beast..on the left... Showing just a basic rundown... Year ,.make ,..model along with..what is in the truck....and where it came from.

Larry
Yeah... in the Sunbeam case, the club made them... they're just laminated prints... some mounted on wood. They did it as a club coordination thing for shows... they look nice. I'll probably make on for my truck anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I haven't ever seen anything past what Larry has posted. Good luck Jim and let us know how it turns out, I would be interested to see the final product!

Has anyone ever made one of these for our cars? It would be nice to have one in the windshield at car shows. The picture below is from the Sunbeam Alpine group I belong to.
You might look for an ad from your year to capture some graphics from -- help answer the "what is it?" when at all makes & models shows...

So may be little over the top for some and not the windshield version that started this thread, here's what I put together for my VW Thing and shows we attend. It has various pics of the build and a "data build sheet" as well. They are pics I uploaded to Walgreens site and created the collage. It was fairly cheap along with a Wal-Mart cheap frame.

Attachments

• BloomingGoodVW-2016-5.jpg
    BloomingGoodVW-2016-5.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 35
So may be little over the top for some and not the windshield version that started this thread, here's what I put together for my VW Thing and shows we attend. It has various pics of the build and a "data build sheet" as well. They are pics I uploaded to Walgreens site and created the collage. It was fairly cheap along with a Wal-Mart cheap frame.
Very Cool VW Thing!

Last edited:
I would consider adding a reference to “Jeep” and a couple of interesting historical facts, such as: (from Wikipedia)

They were the first mass-market all-steel station wagons designed and built as a passenger vehicle.[2]

And

The 4WD Willys Jeep Wagon is often considered the first production sport utility vehicle.[4][5]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_Jeep_Station_Wagon
Technically, I think the manufacturer was Kaiser Jeep.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_Jeep
Sounds like a good idea... I'll pull some of that too.

Back