Boise boy and my Willys

jscampbell45

Knuckle Buster
Dec 4, 2009
Eagle, ID
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Hi, my name is Steve and I have a 1952 Willys Wagon 4x4. It is in orginal condition and has not been on the road since sometime in the 1980's. I purchased it in 1990 and has done a little work on the brakes, wheel bearings, etc. I wanted to make sure that it would stop whenever I got it running :) I used to have a 1953? 4x4 Pickup back in the mid 1970's when I was going to college. Someone else had built it up with a 302 V-8. It was the funnest vechicle I have ever owned! I now have a little time and money to devote to this wagon.

I have never "restored" a vechicle, but want to put my 52 back in as original condition as I can. It has a little body rust by the back wheel wells, but otherwise is in pretty decent condition. I am looking for original parts and things. The first thing that I want to do is restore the seats. I went out and bought a commerical Juki sewing machine and now I'm looking for the original type of vinyl, seat cloth, and headliner material. I have pulled the seats out and will post some pictures in a few days. If anyone can help me locate these kind of supplies, it would be greately appreciated. I'm also looking for orginal paint information (which led me to this site). I went to the autocolorlibrary.com website, but things just don't seem to match up with what I have.

Anyways, I am hoping to have fun with this project. My youngest son is showing a little interest in getting involved as well. This may lead us to some other projects (like my dream of a 69 Camaro!).

Thanks in advance for information and advise that anyone is able to offer.

Pete

Founder/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Welcome Steve-

Just left Boise about three hours ago... I'm not too far from you over in Hailey. Member MidnightBurn on the forum is also in Boise.

Looking forward to more on your upholstery project-

Pete

pavel6

Well Oiled
Sep 27, 2009
Vancouver, BC
First Name
Pavel
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Hello Steve: I had my seat reupholstered using material from SMS Auto Fabrics in Portland. It worked out fine - the material is pretty close to the original. Best of luck with your vehicle.

Pavel