Another Wagon Owner

number6jr

Gear Grinder
Jun 29, 2010
East of Flint, MI
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Picked up my 54 Wagon last Tuesday, and now have it home. It is powered by a 4.3l V6 from a late 80s S-10 Blazer, with the attached automatic and transfer case. Its a driver now, with only minor issues. Planned upgrades include front disc brakes, dual master cylinder, different wheels and some repairs to the rear driver-side quarter. See my album for a nice photo.

Thanks for hosting
John

Welcome, John - that wagon is a beauty! How do you like that 4.3 as a powerplant? Does it feel underpowered at all or pretty decent? I'm considering one on a truck build myself.

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Blaze

Blaze said:
Welcome, John - that wagon is a beauty! How do you like that 4.3 as a powerplant? Does it feel underpowered at all or pretty decent? I'm considering one on a truck build myself.

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Blaze

Considering it has only been test driven, then onto the trailer, it works ok, The previous owner put 40K on it before selling it, so I am relatively confident it works as a package. Also, the 4.3 has tons of used/new parts out there as it was used in tons of GM S trucks, and as the base V6 in the full size trucks. This one has been converted back to a Quadrajet, using an Edelbrock manifold, which eliminates a ton of the electrics needed for the TBI.

John

Welcome...sorry to hear you are as crazy as the rest of us....if we as a group keep adding vehicles/members, we might consider a annual meeting some place like Michigan....enjoy your Willys!

Back