Jun 2, 2019
Arizona
First Name
David
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
So, just logging in finally after watching and reading for a while. I used to frequent the old “wiilystech knowledge base”, but I’m not sure that is active anymore, and was always hard to use imo.
My story is:
59 Willy’s pickup 226 4wd with overdrive and warn manual hubs. Pretty much all stock, and I’m planning on staying that way as much as possible.
We got it back in 74 or 75, and I drove it a lot to a lot of “interesting” spots when I was younger. Most of my friends were into hotrodding up mustangs or chargers, so I was a little bit odd man out there. Mine was slow (topped out at 75 once downhill in od with the engine screaming). Slow, but I could (and did) go pretty much where I wanted. No blacktop required. I never got stuck.

I’m looking forward to the help I’ll get from the forum as I bring this thing back to life, get it safe, and maybe a little prettier than it is now

Welcome to the group. I grew up riding in the back of a '53 pickup with the F-134. No wonder my butt still aches. snicker :)
Right out of high school I purchased a '57 2wd wagon with a 327 / powerglide. It was super cool and I had it about 9-months and hit a pole.
To this day, I still miss that wagon. I think the '62 pickups and wagons in turquoise and white or Yellow and white were super nice combos.

I just took a snoop in through the tech articles here and there looked to be several. ( I haven't read through them yet ).

Enjoy !

Back