mikec4193

Precision Fit
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Other
not my cup of tea, but they diffinetly spent lots of time and money on her....she looks better than when she was new...i guess i liked the old rough look better than all that shine....any clue where the truck was from????

62 OlllO

Well Oiled
First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
There is a great article in next months Hot Rod...page 46...two pages...your link offers a better view on the work...even if they did it themselves...lot's of $$$$$....great post!!! however...

Willys Model
Willys Year:
Well I have got about 25 e mails on this build and its certainly a nice one.

That said in reading I come away with the fact that they have used the OEM frame (correct me if I am wrong). Here is a frame developed for a 60 hp engine and they are dropping in some serious engine weight and HP/Torque. Enough to twist the engine completely out of the wagon and make it all like a pretzel...for an aggressive driver, or so it seems to me.

I am doing a build and losing the OEM frame.

splinterguy

Precision Fit
First Name
Ric
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I have to agree with Don. That seems like a lot of power for the old frame. That said, what a great looking wagon, some very nice workmanship there.

Stu

Gear Grinder
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Despite the old frame, that thing is slick. I like the fact that they kept it mostly original looking. Must be nice to have healthy resources for such an extravagant build.

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Stu said:
Despite the old frame, that thing is slick. I like the fact that they kept it mostly original looking. Must be nice to have healthy resources for such an extravagant build.
Stu,
I see you are from Tampa. When my truck is finished, it will be living in Nort Tampa. Around Bearss and 275.

I see you don't have a Willys yet. When do you plan on getting one? They aren't getting cheaper...

Willys Model
Willys Year:
BioTex said:
Stu said:
Stu,
I see you are from Tampa. When my truck is finished, it will be living in Nort Tampa. Around Bearss and 275.

I see you don't have a Willys yet. When do you plan on getting one? They aren't getting cheaper...
Bio, what is even better is having a Willys dealership in your town that has not got the word that Willys went out of business a long time ago... :lol:

Yes folks Alpine, Tex is in the middle of nowhere and its a LONG way to anywhere. I can say that 'cause I am a Texas boy, ONLY living in Scottsdale AZ as a compromise to my wife. I wanted to retire to San Antonio where I grew up and she wanted to move to LA and this Texan was having no part of that. When I die my ashes are to be scattered on the front lawn of the Alamo. Go Mustangs and Hook'um Horns...

rcshook696

Bigger Hammer
Willys Model
Willys Year:
That is one slick looking wagon. I emailed Tavis about the s10 graft. He seems to be very helpfull about his build. He said it came from a 86 s10 and was almost a perfect match. I can pickup a frame here for $50 and have disk brakes and power steering with a upgraded rearend to accomadate highway speeds. I don't really need 4 wheel drive. This may look like the direction I'll head into. Chuck

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Willys Model
Willys Year:
Maybe an 86 S10 Blazer 4x4 would fit. Then you could keep the 4x4. Wonder what the difference is on frame dimensions for a blazer vs. P/U.

I have an 86 S10 Blazer down on the ranch. It is all stripped down, but runs good. I almost went in that direction myself, but opted for the torture route :lol:

germain

Precision Fit
First Name
Gary
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
The Hot Rod article says an S-10 clip with a boxed frame.
What is the weight of the Super Hurricane with trans and transfer case compared to a modern V8 with an aluminum auto trans and transfer case? My engine hoist seemed to be under more stress when I took out the old than when I put in the new, but I could be wrong.
Any one have any weight data?