Sep 5, 2017
Maui
First Name
Mark
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
Hey Gang, I'm looking for an after market roof rack.

It sits on a 1988 dodge ram 318 auto trans

Hi, it's a 1962 wagon on a 1988 Dodge Ram 4x4 with auto.

Hi Mark -- You're not going to find a ready made to fit so will have to have a custom built for you or make your own. I found a guy making racks for VW buses who took my photos and a '62 wagon and crafted this:
20150731 Willys just had a bath - Copy.jpg

I looked for a while and was close to making my own using a clip on the rain gutter. There is a model of clip out there that may or may not be discontinued called quik-n-easy rain gutter clips that could be easily used to get started on your rood rack - I see them on eBay and a few vendors have them listed.
Quik-N-Easy Roof Brackets.jpg

Another version I have seen uses suction cups and rides directly on the roof but also uses straps tightened into the rain gutter. This version looks like it could be easily custom (shop) made.
suction cup roof rack.jpg

If you would rather go full custom (and higher end), there is also www.classicracks.com . These folks are manufacturing the equivalent to the carpac which was and is the top of the line. I believe there is a restomod wagon on eBay (listed at $55K) and incorrectly listed as a '59 that has one of these racks mounted for an idea.

Good Luck and happy to answer any questions as you continue your search.

Attachments

• Quik-N-Easy Roof Brackets.bmp
    300.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back