Jul 24, 2020
Columbia, South Carolina
First Name
curran
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1962
I’m restoring a 62 wagon for a customer . He had another shop start the restoration but i ended up with putting it back together . So it’s been quite a puzzle . I’m down to installing the glove box liner this week . He bought some kind of repop plastic liner . No instructions no hardware no mounting holes etc . I’ve kinda figured out how it goes on however I’m not sure what the correct hardware is to attach it . Can anyone post a photo of how it goes on ? Where the rod goes that attaches to the glove box lid etc .
Thanks

There needs to be a slot cut in the bottom for the bracket to slid thru. Otherwise it is just attached vis the screw on the left and right. The rod is what limits the opening of the lid. It catches on the screw in the hook. It’s a special screw on that side which is usually missing so I just used a collar over the screw.

Otherwise it mounts to the outside of the dashboard tabs with #6 round-head phillips screws. If ht plastic glove box does not have metal thread inserts, you'll need a set of speed nuts to match the screws. As others have said, the limiter bracket mounts to the right hand side. Hardware is basically a fender washer and a 5/16" spacer. In the picture shown above here should be a fender washer directly under the head of the screw acting as the limit stop.

Thanks man . Figured it out and I used a aluminum spacer for the catch .works great .the only issue I have with this is the liner my customer brought me the slot for the glovebox arm was cut wrong. See the two holes now. Gezzz
image.jpg

Back