'55 Willys Wagon 4x4 Exped build

UPDATE: After being asked by a few folks what happened I thought I would keep you informed.

Tax refunds (I guess) has poured worked in the door, with a custom fab out on a off road trailer for a key client, several axle upgrades and installs in new JK Jeeps and several suspension upgrades and installs. Bottom line is I have been slammed for customers and working about 6 days a week on projects. I am booked solid thru April.

In amongst this I managed to drop a 70 lb tailgate for the off road trailer on my left foot and had I not had on heavy work boots I would have suffered some major breakage in the foot/toes. As it is my foot is multi-colored from toes to ankle and I am dragging it behind me like Frankenstein in a grade 'B' movie. So after laying up for nearly a week I will hit the welder and plasma cutter this afternoon. This will be only till Friday when I begin the 'prep' for next weeks joyful reunion with the Doc whose face I have never seen. Doc jams his cold hands even colder camera along with assorted tools of some sadistic nature up my colon, taking a 90 degree turn as he nears my earlobe on some perverted trip to see how well the several gallons chemicals flushed out my system. Later in a recovery room he will stop by and show me color pics and mumble something about seeing him again somewhere in the next year or 3 years. Of course I won't remember his face and I am not sure he remembers mine.

The rest of the day I will only ponder why ANYONE would campaign for GAY RIGHTS. I only do this about every other year and have been since I was 50 and would tell anyone give this a whirl first and see if you like it... :shock:

On a serious note: I am the only living member of my family, they all passed away from Colon cancer and had they had regular inspections they might be alive today. So I ask and beg all my friends to please have this done. Honestly the prep is far worse than the inspection, as they now knock you out and you wake up later.

Soon as I get caught up I will devote much time and effort to my Willys. I assure all I am not sitting around on my BUTT doing nothing... :p

Oh, Savage....you one funny guy...I get tattoo on back side saying..."EXIT ONLY"
Now there is NO reason you won't be driving the Old Willys to Moab....get at it son! You need to write a book!!!

Funny thing is it was my first day back in the workshop yesterday after crushing my foot with a tree I was felling.
Also went through the colon exam last year just after loosing my mother to the disease and only dad and I have not got it yet as my sisters and all the others older have!

62 OlllO said:
Oh, Savage....you one funny guy...I get tattoo on back side saying..."EXIT ONLY"
Now there is NO reason you won't be driving the Old Willys to Moab....get at it son! You need to write a book!!!
Wife and I have been watching LA INK lately, kind of make me want to be cool again like 40 years ago..... might this help ???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hold on wasn't this a Willys forum

papas34 said:
62 OlllO said:
Wife and I have been watching LA INK lately, kind of make me want to be cool again like 40 years ago..... might this help ???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hold on wasn't this a Willys forum
Sadly I have been watching it also. So far they have fired one (Aburdy) and Liz is not doing so well. The real culprit is 'scarface' herself who is mean and ugly. Aubry tried her best to bring something to the place and so is Liz. Kat is a basic nut case who somehow keeps getting another 'show', I think this is her 3rd one. All of which have failed because of her.

I guess we all need a little drama in our life...

[/quote]
I guess we all need a little drama in our life...[/quote]

I guess it's best our drama is from TV shows and not real life.........Sandra Bullick comes to mind!!!! :thumbup:

Finally getting some progress on the build. Two of my challenges were the Willys driveline and the engine/transmission out of my Jeep Wrangler donor.

Well I have sold both. I need to get the body off the Willys frame and drive line so the purchaser can come get it and they guy who bought my Jeep 4.0 engine and trans will pull it this coming weekend. This now frees me up to move forward on the rest of the project. More to come... ;)

Today: Engine/Supercharger and 5sp NV 3550 trans came out of my donor, '03 Jeep Rubicon. This makes the way for getting the tub off the frame and rolling it under the Willys...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 58
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 58
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 55
Any more updates?
I didn't know this Build Section existed until now so have been missing out on all the updates. :(

Back