Well Oiled
Oct 19, 2009
Georgia
First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Look at all that space available in your shop, can I bring my '62 Wagon over? Keep taking pic's and posting, we all can learn and get ideas...thanks!

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Nov 15, 2009
Alpine, TX
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I built a frame rotating machine so I could paint it without having to spray upside down.

The green primer is a self etching primer from Dupont.

Attachments

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Nov 15, 2009
Alpine, TX
Willys Model
Willys Year:
After etching the frame, I sprayed Rustbullet on it. It is similar to POR-15, except it can handle the UV rays better. It can be topcoated also, and it is cheaper. I'm sold on it.

Attachments

62 OlllO

Well Oiled
Oct 19, 2009
Georgia
First Name
Kevin
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Your cheating, I see an assistant caveman...I will have to google Rustbullet and find out more about it...POR15 is good stuff - but pricey...However, slow down, I can't keep up to you. I found some IH Scout II front disc and rear drum axles for $350.00 I bought today...3.08 ratio....getting rid of my Dana 27 - 4.28...with overdrive...to many levers.

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Nov 15, 2009
Alpine, TX
Willys Model
Willys Year:
62 OlllO said:
Your cheating, I see an assistant caveman...I will have to google Rustbullet and find out more about it...POR15 is good stuff - but pricey...However, slow down, I can't keep up to you. I found some IH Scout II front disc and rear drum axles for $350.00 I bought today...3.08 ratio....getting rid of my Dana 27 - 4.28...with overdrive...to many levers.
I want an overdrive... Just can't afford one.

BioTex

Sharpest Tool
Nov 15, 2009
Alpine, TX
Willys Model
Willys Year:
I inspected the rear end, and found the spyder gears had some teeth broken off. It was fun trying to find a set of gears.
I replaced the bearings and seals while I had it apart. I installed the new pinion seal backwards, so I had to order a new one and replace it again.

Attachments