'51 Wagon Build (on a Bronco) pic test

I like it! Did you do the body swap? Was it "simple"ish?
I did the swap. I would say pretty simple. Bronco has the same wheel base it fits nice. I did need to hollow out most of the grill to fit the radiator and an electric puller fan. Made up new body mounts and bolted to the stock Willys location. I basically used everything from the bronco, wire harness, pedal assembly, gas pedal, booster/ master cyl.,steering, gauges( fit the bronco gauges in the willys cluster) even used the gas tank- rotated it 180 for passenger side fill

I did the swap. I would say pretty simple. Bronco has the same wheel base it fits nice. I did need to hollow out most of the grill to fit the radiator and an electric puller fan. Made up new body mounts and bolted to the stock Willys location. I basically used everything from the bronco, wire harness, pedal assembly, gas pedal, booster/ master cyl.,steering, gauges( fit the bronco gauges in the willys cluster) even used the gas tank- rotated it 180 for passenger side fill
Also this is setting stock bronco height with no lift at all with 35" tires, the rear mount of the Willys is 3/4" off the Bronco frame. That's the thickness of my poly mounts

Sounds great! I like the idea of having more modern running gear under a Willys Wagon. To me, you get the best of both worlds. :)

I am putting an 85 bronco frame under my 63 wagon as well and was wondering how u did the steering column and pedals as well as the brake assembly..also did u center your wheel in the opening

I started with the pedal assembly i used from the bronco, I used the whole assembly as it also mounts the steering column. I used a straight edge from the bronco steering shaft to get an idea where the steering column would come through the firewall and drill a 1/4" hole as a reference, then held up the complete pedal assembly and set it so the brake pedal was about 8" off the floor ( felt comfy to me) then drilled the 4 holes to mount the assembly, with the pedal assembly mounted i then hole sawed a 4" hole in the firewall ( bigger than needed as I installed a fit eschushion around it later) Then installed the steering column as it fits into a holder in the upper part of the brake pedal assembly, I did cut the bottom leg off the lower part of the radio delete panel and welded a tab on each side that bolt to the bracket that holds the upper part of the column in place. Hope all this makes sense! I did extend the steering shift about 8 1/2 inches.20210712_160225.jpg20210712_160454.jpg20210712_160225.jpg20210712_160454.jpg20210712_160440.jpg20210712_160210.jpg

Also as in pic, my brake booster ended up about 1 1/4" from the lower lip of the hood rest, has just enough room when you close the hood, you could drop it and inch easy enough so the bottom of the brake pedal is 7" off the floor if you wanted, the steering shift has a knuckle in it anyway

Keep remembering things lol- my floor and firewall were in bad shape so are replaced with 10ga, I felt the needed strength for the force on the firewall of the brake pedal, and the steering column supports off the whole works also. The original firewall never had much strength as the pedal went through the floor

Back