Pennsylvania
First Name
Dana
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
37d407b5a1841176f9262ce9c497dd37.jpg
Looking for a camshaft. Sealed power #cs301 is listed for the 226 block. Has anybody used this cam or can verify it? Above is a picture of the one that came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That number shows up as a F4-134 cam in the googles.

A few years back I needed parts for my FC-170 L6-226 engine and I was able to buy new parts for the L6-226 engine from Wisconsin Motors. I had to call them as the part numbers have changed *MANY* times since 1957. But...it fit perfectly and the parts I needed (filler blocks) were cheaper than the used parts. Oddly enough, the engine is given the F226 designation....I'm not sure why they chose F instead of L.

Anyway, the link at http://www.pittauto.com/customer/piauel/pdf/Continental_L-Head_Quick_Reference.pdf *MIGHT* be helpful. I think that's what I used "a few years back". In any event, that site, if you up up a level or two, has some other L head engine information.

If that doesn't work, then try Willy's Works in Tucson. I can't say enough good about them. Their phone number is shown on the internet...I think it's 520-888-5082, but I'm not sure as it's in my phone's speed dial. :)

Continental Motors called the 4 cyl. engine we used in welding machines an F 162. Maybe the F is a designation for a Continental engine. That is what the 226 actually was. I would check to see that the oil pump gear is in the correct location. They used 2 locations for the oil pump.. different block, head, cam and head gasket.
diggerG

Correct, these were "F" series engines in the Continental Red Seal industrial engine line. Not to be confused with the "F-Head" Willys engine designation.

Wisconsin and Continental are under the same ownership I think anymore. John

Back