All-Star
Mar 4, 2020
Northern California
First Name
Joe
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
My wife had business relationships with the chef at Meadowood so it was particularly hard to see the destruction up there. Very sad indeed but like you say Carter, it was only a matter of time.
And now Paradise and that area are under evacuation orders. Makes one wonder...
What could be left to burn in Paradise?

Yes, makes a cynical person gonna, hmmmm.

Dahdo

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Dec 27, 2019
Beavercreek, Oregon
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Somehow I missed this thread. I sure hope everyone is in a safe place along with their families. If the Willys can be safe, that's a bonus.

We had to evacuate here when east winds were pushing a couple of fires our way. The first picture is the night before we left. Next day we moved 13 head of cattle to a friend's place and took our travel trailer to our daughters. We were in mandatory evacuation by then, but they were letting people in our area to get things. That's when I loaded up the wagon.

Then we just hoped.

The winds shifted and rain came and we are home. Very thankful and resolved to have a better plan next time.
IMG_20200908_152215088.jpgIMG_20200910_135313872.jpg

Tralehead

Precision Fit
All-Star
Aug 29, 2018
Silverado, CA
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
Great pics Dave and glad to see everything turned out OK.
Just a suggestion but perhaps part of your fire protection plan could be enough flame resistant tarps and all the hooks in place to hang them in the barn and shed overhang areas. Most structures catch fire from blowing embers getting caught in eaves, etc. Foscheck is available to the public and readily spread with a farm sprayer to create a perimeter and barrier. It's pretty benign to the environment outside of the color.

ATC, this thread should be just "Wildfires" because they affect everyone in the West. Good thoughts and wishes to all affected!

Tralehead

Precision Fit
All-Star
Aug 29, 2018
Silverado, CA
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year:
We actually got quite a bit of rain down here; some solid thunderstorms on Saturday and then ran into some good squalls heading up to Bakersfield yesterday. Tehachapi's had some frosting but couldn't see the southern Sierra due to the cloud cover. You guys up there see any snow?

(One more reason for not picking up that '63 wagon: the thought of a 3+ hour freeway drive back to The OC in the rain with no wipers, leaky windsheild, no heater, a squirrely front end and squishy brakes had no appeal )
But it's a sunny day today and the Silverado fire got thoroughly drenched.

Gonna drive my Wagon to the neurosurgeon's office to rekindle the love after yesterday's brief affair, then hit the "hero dirt" on my mountain bike; anybody wanna come along?

Lookout Ranch

Well Oiled
All-Star
May 9, 2015
Sierra Foothills
First Name
Carter
Willys Model
Wagon
Willys Year: