Oregon
First Name
Zack
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
Here's mine: InkedInkedjtruck_LI.jpg

It has the AMC 327 with a 4bbl carb and driver side Rambler exhaust manifold for dual pipes out the back. T98/T18 and Dana 20 transfer case. I think it's technically a T98, but the case says T18 and the top says T98 or maybe it's the other way around - I can't remember. I put a JBFab twin stick on the Dana 20. It has a 3" body lift, which was on it when I bought it. 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs on 15x10 steelies. I added a Flaming River tilt column and Borgeson steering shaft with the larger J20 steering gear. Axles are stock Dana 44s. The front closed knuckle has been upgraded with disc brakes and I added a booster with corvette style master cylinder. Lock o Matic hubs, which I just think are awesome. I bought the truck on 2009 I believe and did all the work myself. It's been my weekend driver, work truck for the past 5 or 6 years.

I'm thinking about pulling the motor for a rebuild next. I have an RV cam to go in it, which should be fun. I also want to paint it, maybe this summer.

Lookout Ranch

Well Oiled
All-Star
May 9, 2015
Sierra Foothills
First Name
Kurt
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Here's mine: View attachment 95902

It has the AMC 327 with a 4bbl carb and driver side Rambler exhaust manifold for dual pipes out the back. T98/T18 and Dana 20 transfer case. I think it's technically a T98, but the case says T18 and the top says T98 or maybe it's the other way around - I can't remember. I put a JBFab twin stick on the Dana 20. It has a 3" body lift, which was on it when I bought it. 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs on 15x10 steelies. I added a Flaming River tilt column and Borgeson steering shaft with the larger J20 steering gear. Axles are stock Dana 44s. The front closed knuckle has been upgraded with disc brakes and I added a booster with corvette style master cylinder. Lock o Matic hubs, which I just think are awesome. I bought the truck on 2009 I believe and did all the work myself. It's been my weekend driver, work truck for the past 5 or 6 years.

I'm thinking about pulling the motor for a rebuild next. I have an RV cam to go in it, which should be fun. I also want to paint it, maybe this summer.
Nice, that picture could be an entry in our 2022 calendar contest, if you have a high resolution version of it.

mrholmquist

Sharpest Tool
Jun 5, 2014
oshawa
First Name
mike
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Here's mine: View attachment 95902

Beautiful truck. I was told the 327 was a Studebaker motor ?

rocket

Well Oiled
Sep 3, 2015
Sierra Mtns
First Name
Rodney
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
Fact 954: At great expense, Studebaker, Packard, and AMC all tooled their own modern OHV V-8 engines in the post-World War II era. These variously successful engine families displaced 232/259/289/304 (Studebaker), 320/352/374 (Packard), and 250/287/327 (AMC) cubic inches.

1960willys350

Bigger Hammer
Apr 14, 2017
Oregon
First Name
Zack
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
Thanks guys! Wasn't sure if the Jtruck would be accepted for calendar submissions since it's technically a Kaiser, not a Willys but I'll gladly get a photo in if it won't ruffle any feathers:)

It's been a fun truck. I've owned it since 2009 and got it to a reliable driver somewhere around 2016 I think. I'm nearing completion on my 2a project and have been looking for another jeep to work on, but I'm leaning toward starting Phase 2 on the J. Looking at paint, engine rebuild, and upgrading the rear axle to possibly a Dana 60-2 with disc brake conversion. I have a 19 spline Dana 44 Power Lok that I might put in the front axle.

NDWillys

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Aug 11, 2017
Scottsdale Arizona
First Name
Larry
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
GREAT Truck.
I yesterday I talked to a guy with a New Gladiator loaded with all sorts of modifications including a front grill setup just like your Gladiator. While new is nice... I would rather own one like yours.