Hungry horse Mt.
First Name
Tom
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Hello.
Newbie here.I need some advice and direction on my brakes.I recently aquired a 1960 4wheel drive wagon with the entire brake shoes/spring ,wheel cylinder assemblies etc.off the brake mounting plates.
Any diagrams or videos available of the parts /assembly/installation/adjustments on these?
I’d also like to replace the master cylinder and all of the brake lines.
Are the newer two part master Cylinders a good idea??
Also,any suggestions on easier access to master cylinder for adding brake fluid other than fabricating a floor access hole??
Thanks to all.
I look forward to being part of this group!

diggerG

Well Oiled
Oct 2, 2011
Wrentham Ma.
First Name
Greg
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
Hello.
Newbie here.I need some advice and direction on my brakes.I recently aquired a 1960 4wheel drive wagon with the entire brake shoes/spring ,wheel cylinder assemblies etc.off the brake mounting plates.
Any diagrams or videos available of the parts /assembly/installation/adjustments on these?
I’d also like to replace the master cylinder and all of the brake lines.
Are the newer two part master Cylinders a good idea??
Also,any suggestions on easier access to master cylinder for adding brake fluid other than fabricating a floor access hole??
Thanks to all.
I look forward to being part of this group!

I have most of those parts new in a box I got with a Jeep station wagon. Interested? or do you have the parts just not on the Jeep?
diggerG

Final1960

Gear Grinder
Nov 30, 2020
Hungry horse Mt.
First Name
Tom
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
I have the brake shoes, wheel cylinders already, except whatever clips /springs that attach the shoes to backing plate.

My main issue at this point is I don’t know what parts and where/how they're attached, then how to adjust them once assembled!

cwdtmmrs

Well Oiled
Jul 19, 2012
First Name
Tim
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1952
I have the brake shoes, wheel cylinders already, except whatever clips /springs that attach the shoes to backing plate.

My main issue at this point is I don’t know what parts and where/how they're attached, then how to adjust them once assembled!

Get the workshop manual and the parts manual. You cannot own one of these vehicles without them.

Dahdo

Sharpest Tool
All-Star
Dec 27, 2019
Beavercreek, Oregon
First Name
Dave
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
Here's a couple of pics that might help. The one still on the axle is left rear. The two closest on the bench are front. I'm sure there are better out there, but this is a start.IMG_20200416_125624662.jpgIMG_20200612_173613361.jpg

Big Dog Frank

Well Oiled
Feb 12, 2016
North Lawrence,Ohio
First Name
Frank
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
Since you are into the brakes as far as you are you should read about them more by searching the forum. Depending what you are going to use you're vehicle for you may want to upgrade the braking system to more modern components like disk brakes,power assist master cylinder and possibly a rear axle up grade. Too many of us have invested money in these outdated and inadequate braking systems only to upgrade in a couple of years. Take you're time and do some research here on the forum.

Good luck with you're project.