1954 Willys Truck in Spokane, WA

54Stepside

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Adam
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I’m waiting on having the radiator rebuilt. I replaced the water pump while I was in there (the water pump went out and that started the whole thing). Luckily I’m over on the Olympic Peninsula for a week so I don’t have to stare at a deadlined truck!

Attachments

Last edited:

54Stepside

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Adam
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
While over on the coast, I picked up two spare 16” rims with the hubcap clips in-tact. It’s been prepped, cleaned and painted on all sides, except I left the patina in the front.

Still no radiator.

Attachments

First Name
Adam
Willys Model
Pickup
Willys Year:
I've never seen them with hubcap clips. Don't tell my truck, okay?
I don’t know how rare the rims are, but they certainly have been a pain to find!

The radiator came back today- 125 less than the initial quote, but still pricey.

I also got done with the logo, there’s just pin-striping left to do.

Now on to driving her!

Attachments

peewee

Bigger Hammer
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
Other
Willys Year:
Hello all, I’m picking up a 1954 truck with complete parts rig and thought I’d introduce myself.

The 54 is sporting the original drivetrain, same owner for the last 27 years, and does have a SOA in stock axles.

I’ve spent the last several decades working on J trucks and early Wagoneers, but this is my first flatfender.

Not sure what the plans are for it, but I’ll be taking apart the other truck to keep as many spare parts as I can- the spare truck also has a SOA on early wagoneer axles.
Your spare truck looks like it has gone through modifications. If it has a stock flat head (Lightening 6 engine) and you want to let it go I might be interested.

Bill