Oct 13, 2020
Hastings mn
First Name
Jim
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
Hey Dan, don’t recall but is there a thread that explains forum names. Like why I chose BitzF4. I was asking Rick why he uses Scout Pilot and he explained he flew helos as a scout pilot in Nam. Am guessing stakebed is his Willys truck

mine is from my flying days. Just figure maybe some cool stories to hear.
So if already done then disregard but just a thought.
Bitz

Racecar number from back in "late" 90's early 00's... my other friend had car #22 first, then I got mine it worked out really well as team numbers. We shared a lot of resources like truck and trailer, parts. So we were #22 and #32.

It also happened to be my number in HS playing Soccer.

So it kinda stuck around for a long time.

When I bought our home I snuck it in the price ended the total in $32. Which made it all the way into the Zillow report, I thought it might get dropped off, but never did.

Back in the '60's we had a student teacher living with us, she nicknamed my brother Fred and me, Barney after a new TV show called the "Flintstones". To friends and relatives I've been known as Barney ever since.

Saw mine on a license plate decades ago and thought it was very clever. Runner up was Hound (which I probably should’ve gone with). My nickname for my wife is Fox and hounds love to chase foxes. Also being involved with military rigs and associated events I had to give her a rank for giggles. She is Major Fox.

My last name is Orofino, and a lot of my friends shortened it and started calling me fino years ago....And of course, I started with a cj before the wagon. I have quite a few friends that probably don't even know what my first name is!

Hey Dan, don’t recall but is there a thread that explains forum names. Like why I chose BitzF4. I was asking Rick why he uses Scout Pilot and he explained he flew helos as a scout pilot in Nam. Am guessing stakebed is his Willys truck

mine is from my flying days. Just figure maybe some cool stories to hear.
So if already done then disregard but just a thought.
Bitz
There is a thread now!

Yes, my first Willys is a stakebed, hence Stakebed.

Growing up I always wanted a (Jeep) Scrambler. When I bought one from a local logger in 1997, it had Wagoneer axles mounted outboard of the frame rails. The first night at the dinner table, my brother or sister asked: “what kind of Jeep did you get?” My dad laughed and said, “He got a Scrambler with Wagoneer parts, a ‘Scramboleer.’” The name stuck.

Mine is Ira because my name is ira. Uncommon enough it's mostly available, thought a long time ago, 1985 or so, I was denied using it on a board because it is the initials .of the Irish Republican Army. That was annoying. If I can't use that, it's usually Extrasensory or Fishtuning, the names of my 2 companies.

Mine was also an easy choice for it is also my job description - Airport Operation (Ops). For nonaviation folks a part of the operation of an airport is having someone available at all times that the control tower is in operation to respond to any situations on the airfield that might arise. It was fairly peaceful when I started years ago but the airport has grown to where it is pretty busy these days. We are now a reliever airport for Bush and Hobby International Airports in Houston and we have a U.S. Customs facility to handle international flights now also - But I still get to shoot a pig ever now and then ;)

Saw mine on a license plate decades ago and thought it was very clever. Runner up was Hound (which I probably should’ve gone with). My nickname for my wife is Fox and hounds love to chase foxes. Also being involved with military rigs and associated events I had to give her a rank for giggles. She is Major Fox.
Love the affection and respect you give your spouse. I tell mine how freaking gorgeous she is at least five or six times a day. Sometimes I wonder how a 5 like me got a 10 like her! Oh DzlFC = diesel FC

Love the affection and respect you give your spouse. I tell mine how freaking gorgeous she is at least five or six times a day. Sometimes I wonder how a 5 like me got a 10 like her! Oh DzlFC = diesel FC
Thanks! We get creative with each other on our Xmas name tags to each other. “To the Fox from the Hound” started the Fox/Hound theme. Possibly my best tag was “To Major Fox from Private Parts”. We get a lot of eye rolls from our adult kids at Christmas.

Back