Randy with no Willys yet in Atlanta (but please HELP me find one)

Harveydavidson

Well Oiled
All-Star
Oct 18, 2021
Atlanta
First Name
Randy
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1951
Newbie here in Atlanta
New here, Been a Harley fan for years,
but the motors are staring to scare me!!
I am wanting a Willys truck. Apparently they
are non-existent in the south-east
I am looking for a driver , no show cars .
Does anybody have any connections in the SE for a decent
(or Excellent )driver ????

Randy ,,,,,, (and no Willys in Atlanta)

Years ago I bought a 1945 CJ2A with running original engine below Richmond VA. I ended up selling it after I found an earlier 2A.

Newbie here in Atlanta
New here, Been a Harley fan for years,
but the motors are staring to scare me!!
I am wanting a Willys truck. Apparently they
are non-existent in the south-east
I am looking for a driver , no show cars .
Does anybody have any connections in the SE for a decent
(or Excellent )driver ????

Randy ,,,,,, (and no Willys in Atlanta)

I bought my ratty pickup having never seen one on the road in person about ten years ago in TX so I very much understand. I will add that most people here don't know what they are. So you'll see them called Overlands or just Jeep trucks/pickups. I say this so when you're searching ads make sure not to just look for the word 'Willys'.

Welcome to the forum!

Randy, I happened across this pickup for sale just over the border in TN. $9k is a hefty price tag for sure but if it's as beautiful in person and runs and drives well I would consider it a fair price.

211421571_4469028123115362_1366618541452909262_n.jpg

212681352_4469028019782039_909716114347577982_n.jpg

Randy, I happened across this pickup for sale just over the border in TN. $9k is a hefty price tag for sure but if it's as beautiful in person and runs and drives well I would consider it a fair price.

211421571_4469028123115362_1366618541452909262_n.jpg

212681352_4469028019782039_909716114347577982_n.jpg
Hi lunchbox
Thank you for the find
I was hoping for a 6 cylinder unit with over drive
But I do appreciate you looking out for me

Please keep looking

Willyless in Atlanta

Hi lunchbox
Thank you for the find

Please keep looking

Willyless in Atlanta
I'll keep my eyes open. When you're searching don't focus too much on the overdrive being a requirement, they are bolt on units that are about $850 from Advance Adapter and used units are even less. You just need to poke a hole in the floor and put a boot on where the stick comes through. So don't pass up on a deal on the account of it not having the OD even if you're going to pay someone to install it for you.

Hi lunchbox
Thank you for the find

Please keep looking

Willyless in Atlanta
4 Wheeler Supply of Huntington Beach CA has loads of overdrives. I've spoken with Gary numerous times. He has used and new. You will need to know your transfer case intermediate shaft Dia and the number of teeth on the gear behind the PTO cover.
Gary is an elderly fellow. Been in business for decades. He's currently packing up his significant inventory in preparation for a move. Gary knows his poop and has other Willys and Jeep parts for sale. I keep encouraging him to join OWF and list his goodies. I'll be buying a Warn OD just as soon as I crawl under the stakebed.

Back