Dallas Texas
First Name
Ray
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
Hey everybody,

I will be flying to Panacea Florida to pick up my 65 Delivery Wagon. I will be driving it back along the Gulf Coast from there to Bay St. Louis in Mississippi. From there I will travel up Louisiana to Shreveport and then across to Dallas. Travel dates are 5/13 to 5/16. I would love to meet folks along the way. Wish me luck with the ride.

Do I sense another episode of "Roadkill" in the making? I love that show.

Is the wagon stock? Not that it matters, just makes the trip a touch more interesting.
It's a f134 with original drive train with overdrive 4x4. No A/C, seat belts, radio, original church bench seats (I heard they are made of thin cotton over oak boards and straight backs). Current owner says it will happily roll along at 55 - 60. He hopes I won't hate the vehicle by the time I get home with it. I got a good camera and plan on taking lots of pictures along the way and putting them up here along with comments on how things are going.

I hope you will post pictures of your trip. Have a safe trip!
I will be posting pictures of the start, finish and every fuel stop along the way. I should get some pictures of my new baby from the people I meet along the way. Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texans are all gonna help with the photos. These will be the people I meet along the way.

I am really looking forward to making the trip. I have had so many warnings about how bad it's going to be I will have to give a objective report about the ride as well as my own opinion. I think I am going to love it, warts and all.
A trip like that can be a lot of fun if you have time to enjoy the backroads.

Taking back roads, taking your time enjoying the sights it’s a beautiful trip through that area

I think this trip would be great to do.

Mark me down in the positive trip column.

Hey, this will be right on your way. Post up a pic with your wagon here:
Kurt,
I have added that stop to my itinerary. Now I just have to locate a replica Tommy Gun to pose with in the picture.

I think this trip would be great to do.

Mark me down in the positive trip column.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am used to rough vehicles, so this trip shouldn't be any worse vehicle wise than anything else I have done. It will be more fun because the vehicle ISN'T a beater. It's really pretty diamond blue from the willys paint colors. My wife says it's turquoise. All the women I ask say she is right. SO, I guess it's really turquoise...

Will you Wife be on the adventure? Good tool box, cell phone and AAA Roadside Assistance for backup. The thumbs up & smiles will be everywhere. Safe, fun travels...what a blast.
I have invited her, but she is reluctant due to the unknown nature of creature comforts. Small tool box with essentials, cellphone, charger, camera, good jack and roadside assistance for back up. Preplanned map book with internet connections for daily updates to my friends here.

So jealous... Lots of back roads to enjoy in that area, plus the food; roadside BBQ's, gumbo joints, Sunday crawfish boils, mmmm!
Just be careful of the "banjo zones" as @Lookout Ranch likes to call them (and he's never even seen the movie !)

In my "neck of the woods" there's nothing but freeways to GTFO on; if it ain't megalopolis it's desert or ocean.
Have a blast for all of us!

And go solo. The less acquiescence the better! (For the soul AND the craw) ;)

Back