'47 pickup

Congratulations, Kevin, and welcome aboard! The short answer is...yes, your '47 hood is different from the later trucks. I'll let the more experienced members here give you more details.

So I picked up a 47 pickup it’s in rough shape but I’m gonna get it back up and going. I’m wondering is the hood different then the later trucks?
As Roland says the front end sheet metal is the same from 47-49, and the hood differs from the later 1950 up versions I think that you could only use the later hood if you changed the entire front clip. Several members her have brought back trucks worse off than yours so it surely can be done. A 47 4wd should have a L134 Go Devil and a column mounted gearshift. Few column shift 4WD trucks have survived intact.
Welcome and good luck with your project.

Everything forward of the firewall is different between the mid 1950 and earlier. You can swap whole front clips between the flat and later pointy nosed though.

Ok thank you all for the info. Somebody put a floor shift in it but it still has the remnants of the column shift. I have a t90 floor shift already rebuilt so I’ll be using it in this truck. I will be posting as I go. Thanks again.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you've found it, or will soon, but @Vintage Don has a very good build thread going on his '48 4x4, keeping it all stock, so you should find some great references there. Looks good! I love the first generation Willys truck front clip.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you've found it, or will soon, but @Vintage Don has a very good build thread going on his '48 4x4, keeping it all stock, so you should find some great references there. Looks good! I love the first generation Willys truck front clip.
I may have parts if and when you need them.P5030081.JPG

Can someone tell me what color my temp,oil,amp,and fuel gauge are suppose to be for my 47 pickup? I’ve found some NOS white ones but I’m not sure if they are suppose to be the black ones. Thanks.

my early 48 pickup with column shift are white. I believe Don's and later year 48's are black.

my 47 has white ones in it so I think I’m just gonna stick with them.

I’m gonna fix up the one and keep what’s good on the other

Back