Willys Long Cab

Hate working with hot rolled or black steel. So much harder to bend and you have to grind and sand back the surface before welding or painting!
How much does that rear bumper weigh?
I agree but there's no way around it when you're working with 3/16''.
I didn't weigh the rear bumper but I would guess it is just over 100 lbs.

Love your bumper designs Pops! Hopefully you didn't restrict too much airflow to your radiator!:oops:
Thanks Joe. This radiator is supposed to cool 600hp. I will only be a little over 300hp so I should be golden.. I hope! :cool: :cool:

Todays progress. I'm calling it done.
The last pic shows the ability to move the winch to the rear bumper or to my JK 4 door Jeep or to the front of my trailers. I just have to have one winch that way.
IMG-3573.JPGIMG-3570.JPGIMG-3575.JPG

Last edited:
That's a smart idea with the winch removal design, and looks really good too.
I have a 10k pound winch on the front of my Wrangler. I hope I never need it but it sure feels good to have it when out 4 wheelin in the boonies by yourself.

Randy

That's a smart idea with the winch removal design, and looks really good too.
I have a 10k pound winch on the front of my Wrangler. I hope I never need it but it sure feels good to have it when out 4 wheelin in the boonies by yourself.

Randy
I appreciate it Randy.
We spend a lot of time in the woods and have needed the winch on my Wrangler more times than I can count. We hunt a lot in some really rough county.

I have also needed to winch to the rear. That's my reason for the receiver hitch mounting for the winch. I can move it to the rear in a couple of minutes. Plus it's really handy to be able to winch something up onto a trailer.

Still beatin on it!

Back