Trails West 2020

Great trip. Love your stories, nice and easy, everything handled with no drama. I really liked the off road part at the end. Not many places anymore where you can cross a state on road like that without running into obstacles or blocked off sections. Please keep enjoying your travels and taking us along, thanks for the ride along.

All,

I enjoy doing the trips and taking the pics. The goal is to inspire more folks to do the same. We build and fix up these great machines, so we should use them. A long trip is nothing more than a series of short drives put together - except for my last two days. Those were long drives!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I usually take way more photos than posted, but try to filter down to some nicer or story telling photos when I post.

Lets see where we can go next....

AlCan highway Ben.
Joseph, Get your M38A1 together. In a couple years the MVPA is doing another ALCAN hwy trip. Launch point is at Dawson Creek Canada. Ends near the Arctic Circle. They take a break there so everyone that wants to can go the the Arctic Circle. 2,000 miles up, 2,000 miles back. About 2 weeks each direction.

I am not sure I want to go where the bears are as big as my wagon...

I am thinking of a new Willys project for exploring. I will save the wagon for the family trips. Either a pickup or a early CJ. We will see where it goes. Pete's ongoing build is scratching a CJ itch that will make my wife unhappy....

Joseph, Get your M38A1 together. In a couple years the MVPA is doing another ALCAN hwy trip. Launch point is at Dawson Creek Canada. Ends near the Arctic Circle. They take a break there so everyone that wants to can go the the Arctic Circle. 2,000 miles up, 2,000 miles back. About 2 weeks each direction.

I had to look up the MVPA - 4,000 miles in 4 weeks. Ouch. I would not last that one.

That'd Ironbutt kinda talk there. I might be too much of a kitty ;) for that endurance run in an open top mil-jeep.

I am not sure I want to go where the bears are as big as my wagon...

:D:DGood one Ben!

I apologize for being absent for so long. We moved to a small farm. Work has also been more than busy. Life, I tell ya.

This year... I am thinking 14,000+ feet in natural aspiration flathead fashion. Followed up by some Indian Reservation dirt road mountain passes, some Yellowstone roads and then the Oregon Trail home. It will be a solo trip and maybe about 1.5 weeks long. Army tires all the way.

The wagon is sleeping the salty season away right now, but its hibernation is almost over for the year.

I think I may swap to a Carter fuel pump, but we will see. I know the airtex/AC model so well....

Guess its time for a new thread and time to send Pete some Do Re Mi for the forum.

More to come.

Back