INTERIOR old photos? Anybody ever see one?

From post 377 here: https://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/vintage-willys-pictures.2634/page-19

WW_V16N3_1989_4-716x1024.jpg

WW_V16N3_1989_5-716x1024.jpg
2416E5DA-2980-44DD-A2BD-EF8BA872DE77.jpeg
I saw this visor cover on a friend's wagon. It looks like the one that was in that article. Is this a repo or is it an original?

At least 50 mph. I driven a wagon that heavy with a F-134 @ 60mph (OD) thousands of miles.
I'm with you Tim. I get the feeling there must be a lot of weak engines on this forum! I have never had any Willys that wouldn't hit my self-assigned rev limiter before it ran out of wind. Even my FC-170 with the Dana 20 and BW R10B with 4.88:1 gears will run 65-70MPH with its' admittedly healthy L-226. It does "wheeze" a little getting there...……..LOL. I just have to make sure it is well wound out before shifting from 2nd over to 3rd over.

Speed Kills

Hahaha! That's a funny reply!

That expression is a "Blast from the Past" - in a coupla ways. And of course its also true, in a coupla ways. Just like it was, back in the day....

Last edited:
There are strings here in the Forum that have tons and tons of old photos of Willys back in the day - showing the OUTSIDE of the vehicles. Naturally enough.

But you never, ever get to see a photo that shows anything of the interior. I'm talking about OLD photos, taken way back when the vehicle was pretty much still new, "as built" condition - probably Black-and-White - not photos taken now in the present.

Anybody have anything like that?
I have many if your interested just let me know...color like original in color ones

What I’m really interested in is a good picture of the door panels. Close enough to understand the “grain“. I’m still waffling between ABS and hardboard ( whatever the real name for that is). I’d love to get back closer to original. I’ve never seen a good enough pic to fill me in. ( maybe my old eyes, tho)

David,
Greg's images of the '62 interior include a good shot of the door panels.

Here's a zoom:

1593682866569.png

What I’m really interested in is a good picture of the door panels.

So that later green vehicle has like a fabric texture...

But for the EARLY trucks, 1947, 1948 (and I THINK 1949) - it's a leather-looking texture. Best photo I have seen of that is this one, of Bird's all original early 48. The remnants of mine also look just like this -

Screenshot_20200702-095645_Chrome.jpg

and zoomed in -

20200702_100248.jpg

This was my attempt to copy the green original I posted previously.

Also, I couldn't go with the original hardboard and no padding so added a 1/2" pad which compressed down to maybe an 1/8" cushion on the interior panels. Looks like I missed that the top, flat part of the armrest or door pull should have been the block pattern from the panel itself versus the smooth or elf pattern.
Greg's Willys Interior Panel1.jpgGreg's Willys Interior Panel2.jpg

This thread seems to have morphed into new photos so I'll add a couple.

I cannot vouch for the originality of these door panels. My cab is supposedly a '49. I do know the door cards have been on the truck since the late sixties. They look like the original texture is/was smooth. Don't be fooled by the peeling paint or whatever it is.
20200702_110010.jpg

20200702_110034.jpg

this was my attempt to copy the green original I posted previously.
Also, I couldn't go with the original hardboard and no padding so added a 1/2" pad which compressed down to maybe an 1/8" cushion on the interior panels. Looks like I missed that the top, flat part of the armrest or door pull should have been the block pattern from the panel itself versus the smooth or elf pattern.
Nice
This thread seems to have morphed into new photos so I'll add a couple.

I cannot vouch for the originality of these door panels. My cab is supposedly a '49. I do know the door cards have been on the truck since the late sixties. They look like the original texture is/was smooth. Don't be fooled by the peeling paint or whatever it is.
View attachment 78034

View attachment 78037
They look like my Old 48's for sure.

Back