First Name
Mickey
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
  2. 1958
I just got a notice from Classic Car Insurance (Kemper) that they sold their block of business to Hagerty. Classic was the one that treated me basically good when Wilbur had the wreck. I cannot complain about how I came out financially. But now I will be looking around. What are y’all's experiences with the different companies?

I just got a notice from Classic Car Insurance (Kemper) that they sold their block of business to Hagerty. Classic was the one that treated me basically good when Wilbur had the wreck. I cannot complain about how I came out financially. But now I will be looking around. What are y’all's experiences with the different companies?

Been happy with Hagerty, had one tow when the clutch linkage sheered in half. Was handled professionally and didnt cost me a dime. I enjoy calling them. Associates that don't hate their lives and actually solve your issue instead of passing the buck. Plus they are open to modifying rates as far as the range of the vehicle and value of the vehicle. As an a example I have a 50 mile radius and I lowed the minimal value on my truck based on the relationship my truck has with rust.

Hagerty. They seem to give back a lot to the hobby. Magazine (one of the best) websites, tech articles. I don't think any other of the classic car insurance companies do anything like that.

Hagerty has been insuring my cars for 19 years. In that time I’ve had one claim claim and needed one tow ( fuel pump failed). Both were taken care of in a timely manner. I insure 5 old cars and feel their rates are very fair. I am very satisfied.

Hey Mickey...

I got J.C Taylor here.....they are back east out of Pennsylvania......( in fact i just got my yearly renewal notice other day..) ....

cost me all of $150 a year to insure my 51 truck with most everything ...Medical.....over/under .... collision .....unsure bout glass....roadside assistance.......50 mile towing.....( this sucks......i think it shoud be in state to nearest major city ) ...only had to use that once and it took 5 hours to get home from 10 miles away.....

been happy otherwise last 3 years i have had them....as they were cheapest i could find as i dont got regular job or real steady income ....

.my friends 52 truck....dont remember who he has...Hagerty or the other big one....might even be bundled with the house and other vehicles under Liberty Mutual....

it dont matter .....as i could not afford that kind of big name expensive insurance anyway.

Larry

I have been with Hagerty for several years now. They treat me well, are easy to work with, and were great when my delivery got rear-ended. I think their rates are reasonable.

I’m with Grundy, great rates but have had some frustration when speaking with them.
Seams to be an attitude problem with them.
Good news is that most of it can be done online.
I have been considering switching to JC Taylor

With Grundy for more than a decade with multiple cars. Only complaint was after they sold my account to Philadelphia Insurance Company (PIC), the people at PIC aren't as responsive as the folks at Grundy. I've had no claims, so I don't know how that side of the business deals with its customers.

I have had 3 vehicles with Haggerty over the past 10+ years. have not had to use them but they have definitely made it simple and easy. always professional whether on phone or computer.

I have had Hagerty for 18 years and have attended their Concours d'lemons show. Also track day at Michigan International Speedway. Thrilling driving 150mph in my Mustang Cobra. They also supported antique car rallies I have been in and The Great Race.19062795GR950686.jpg

I did find this article which gave some interesting things to consider. In my case, since the Wilbur wreck, theystopped covering it until it is repaired. So Hagerty looks like they will, but only have $750 in parts.

The Collectors when both the Wagon and the CJ was $229 per year with values set to $15,500 and $14,000 and 6000 miles. Hagertys online quote showed $334 but with 2500 miles (I think it can be more) but if I don’t do their roadside thing it saves $45. So how many of you have ever used it. Towing us limited to 20 miles and I just can’t see using the jumper service, lock out, bring fuel, wench out, etc. Thoughts?

Last edited:
We currently insure with Safeco through a local multi company agent. I'll give them first shot. Their coverage is customizable and the std. is 10,000 miles a year which should be enough. If not theres lots of other places to shop.

Sever as l cars with hagerty for years. They have been great. Did have one claim and they were pi effect on that as well

Back