Overdrive wanted

Here's a pic Indian John's setup, with a Ramsey PTO.
2bc6e2e2f3134ab2815abcc2e7693d71.jpg

There should be plenty of room to have the rear facing linkage for the OD in conjunction with the PTO and the adapter. The adapter is about 6"-7" long.
The Koenig PTO is smaller, and doesn't have the long section between the shifter and the chain drive housing.
Pete
Very nice installation! I would like to see more photos of the PTO remote shifter linkage if possible. Mine is a bit crude by comparison.

You can see what I meant in an earlier post about the leverage on the 4 adapter to OD housing bolts.

That is good stuff. I can handle the adjustment of the engine slightly left. I already have the adapter for the 283 to the T-90. I have already spoken to a friend who runs a 4wd shop, and he says he can change ratios. I have 4:11, so I suppose it will change to 383 or whatever that number is. I am going to let the od go for now, and see what happens. If I have to install an aluminum radiator and electric fans, that will be money well spent to insure running cool, especially since I am adding ac. I have the L6-226 sold, so everything will wash out... probably less than $6k for engine and ac. It costs to play, but better than drugs or alcohol!

This shows how the firewall was cut in my ‘55 to accommodate the SBC.

1418E8FE-6D23-4AE1-8FBF-64BDD22F408C.jpeg

It might have fit without cutting, but it would have been extremely tight.

In the front, there’s a wider than stock Mopar radiator bolted in, a mechanical fan with very little clearance, and a manually switched electrical fan in front of the radiator.

You can see the close fit here:

F5B8A729-559E-4B05-8FAD-BE4BC613CBB8.jpeg

Firewall not that bad... fresh paint would do wonders for it. Can you do away with mechanical fan and run two electric?

Firewall not that bad... fresh paint would do wonders for it. Can you do away with mechanical fan and run two electric?
Probably could do. Just bought this a few months ago and between weddings, weather and work haven’t really had a chance to do anything with it.

While I am cleaning up my engine compartment, I think I will go ahead and replace the vacuum wipers with electric. I see a bunch of options. Has one particular brand worked the best from responses on the forum? Thanks, Lynn

Herm had PTO adapter for the overdrive three years ago. I bought one. I also have a PTO that comes off the transfer case eliminating the adapter.

What he might mean is there are PTO's that bolt to the bottom of a Spicer 20 transfer case, not the rear cover can't do that on a 20. You,can run a winch off that. I never tried to mate one up to a Spicer 18 though. Maybe with the 18 gears inside a 20? Anybody here seen that done?
diggerG

What he might mean is there are PTO's that bolt to the bottom of a Spicer 20 transfer case, not the rear cover can't do that on a 20. You,can run a winch off that. I never tried to mate one up to a Spicer 18 though. Maybe with the 18 gears inside a 20? Anybody here seen that done?
diggerG

Years ago (35+) I remember seeing a feature vehicle in Four Wheeler magazine that did some 18 gear swapping in in a 20 case to get a 6 wheel drive stretched CJ.

While I am cleaning up my engine compartment, I think I will go ahead and replace the vacuum wipers with electric. I see a bunch of options. Has one particular brand worked the best from responses on the forum? Thanks, Lynn

I have run the electric replacement wiper motors in the past. They work OK, but you still all of the stock cables and pulleys and the inherent issues. I really like the Specialty Power Windows kit. It is more $$$ and takes a lot more time to install correctly, but you can get 2 speed, delay and washer function. I completely hid mine and kept the vacuum motor in place for esthetics. People can't believe I can get delay with a vacuum motor! :)

I have run the electric replacement wiper motors in the past. They work OK, but you still all of the stock cables and pulleys and the inherent issues. I really like the Specialty Power Windows kit. It is more $$$ and takes a lot more time to install correctly, but you can get 2 speed, delay and washer function. I completely hid mine and kept the vacuum motor in place for esthetics. People can't believe I can get delay with a vacuum motor! :)
Back when mine was running, I'd get wiper delay my pressing on the gas pedal.

Back when mine was running, I'd get wiper delay my pressing on the gas pedal.

I did too until I added a vacuum holding tank. Anyone still running vacuum wipers either lives in the Sahara or has a deep sickness!

Back