Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
It's that time of year again, to start getting ready for the Willys Rally in Moab... May 24-27, 2019

Rally2018-%20-%20303.jpg

Who's planning to go this year?
What's on your to-do list?

This is the 10th annual, and should be a blast. Hard to believe we've been making the trek to Moab all these years, and how much the event has grown.

We have added another day to the event, and since we will be permitting with the BLM this year, we will have access to any of the trails as a group.
If you haven't been, it's a place like no other. And, unlike typical car shows which are lawn chair events, we do what Willys were made for: getting out in incredibly scenic, rugged terrain where a Willys is right at home.

If you are planning attend, and haven't registered yet, visit www.willysrally.com for all the details.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Pete

Cant wait to bring everyone together for this! If you are not signed up for the email blasts I send out, please scroll to my signature below, click the link and get signed up! Below is the last email we sent out today.

2/26/19

Hey everyone!

A quick update on available rooms at Redcliffs. (scroll down for their contact info) Please book today and register today, or you will likely need to find a room in town. If you made friends last year, call them up and split the cost of a 2 room cabin.

Check this link to connect with folks going to this years event. OWF Official Thread

Rooms available from 24-26
Qty 2, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night
Qty 10, 2 room cabin, 1 queen bed per room, separate living room area, kitchenette, couch. $299.95 per night

for those leaving a day early, or saving a few bucks and staying in town on Sunday evening...
Rooms available from 24-25
Qty 7, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night
Qty 2, 1 King bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night

2/25/19

Hey everyone!

Are you ready for some updates on this years HUGE 10th annual Willys Rally?

I have 5 big updates for you, and some fun behind the scenes looks at what we have in store for you. Please get registered NOW and get your room booked NOW. Do not delay...It stresses me out!

1. Bureau of Land Management
This year will be a bit different in a great way. We have partnered with the BLM to allow us take our event onto BLM land and gain access that we were limited from in the past. For you this means park entry for our trail rides will not be an additional cost for you at the entry gate. You also get the piece of mind that your dollars are going back to help manage the land. Yes, there is an additional cost for all of this, but I'm hoping to be able to cover it from our small balance from last year and raffle ticket sales from this coming year. For now we have decided not to increase your buy in cost to attend. (So if I'm really pumping you to buy raffle tickets, this is why :)

2. Fireside Chat Guest
The BLM has agreed to send a speaker for one of our "fireside chat" events. They will be out to raise awareness about the land and its history and to answer any questions about the land we are all so addicted to.

3. Shirt design Sketches
Rock Flores is just starting the design process on our shirt. Below are a few sketches he has sent over so far. Stay tuned for more updates on these soon.
mail
mail
mail

mail
mail

4. Go get your JP magazine. Coverage from the 2018 Willysrally is on news stands now.
mail

5. Current Registrations are at 26 people

Thanks, from the crew at Willys Rally!
Casey
caseydimmitt@yahoo.com
714-478-1867
subscribe

mail

Last edited:
For the most recent updates to our event, please check yesterdays email.
basic Info from past emails below:

The 10th annual Willys Rally will be held on Memorial Day weekend 2019! May 24-27
mail

Registration is now open! Click here
We already have 15 people signed up before I was able to get this email out!

Printable Event Flyer HERE
Share it with all your friends!

Also get them to sign up for this email blast HERE

Red Cliffs Lodge Wants Us Back! The10th annual Willysrally will be at the Red Cliffs Lodge.
Mile Post 14 Hwy 128, Moab, UT 84532
(435) 259-2002
Please contact Redcliffs NOW to reserve your room. Make sure to mention our event.

mail
mail

mail

Schedule
This year will be one day longer. click above for online schedule, or see below.
Friday: Dinner at Redcliffs, event check in, collect your goodie bags and shirts.
Saturday: Show n shine in the AM, with coffee and pastries, Scenic drive with Lunch included, BBQ,Door Prizes and show n shine prizes, Fireside chat. (We hope to have a guest speaker...TBA)
Sunday: Show n shine round 2, with coffee and pastries, Scenic drive with Lunch included, BBQ, Raffle and Fireside chat. (We hope to have a guest speaker...TBA)

Shirt Design
Our shirt design this year will take a departure from what we have done in the past. We have commissioned Roberto "Rock" Flores from Spain! You may recognise his work that was given away at our raffle last year. It will incorporate many fun stories that we have had over the years from gas tanks liberating themselves, to recoveries to locations we have all gone together. Look forward to updates on this soon. Should be fun!!
mail

Some photo's from last year.

mail
mail

mail
mail

See event pics on our website here

Press

Article #1 (2018 event coverage) Ewillys

Article #2 Times
Independent

Article #3 (2018 coverage coming soon) JP Magazine

Article #4 (2017 event coverage) JP Magazine (pics below)

Article #5 (Casey's feature) JP Magazine (thought I'd share)

Article #6 (past events) Moab Sun News

mail
mail

mail
mail

If you have any questions, or want more info, please visit www.willysrally.com, or feel free to email or call me.

Casey
caseydimmitt@yahoo.com
714-478-1867
subscribe

mail

For those looking to split lodging costs, please reach out to our friend Karl Jackman. He is looking for someone to split one of the 2 room cabins. He can be reached at this number

435757oneeightsevenzero

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am also planning on going to this ...at least once to say i been there ....and have talked friend into begrudgingly going with me ......looking at lodging options last few nights.....Red Cliff is sold out so trying to find somthing reasonable less then $100 per person/night......yeah i know ....Good freaking luck.!!..middle of summer on biggest holiday weekend of the year......he asked bout camping in tent i says sure i dont mind it if i was going alone ...but the room is mainly for you ...and yes i would not mind having some small degree of comfort ......but i could very easily sleep on my fold up cot in my 7 ft tall 4 person tent ...as i do that 3 time a year already.
i am also doing my Damndest to try and talk him into taking his truck....(see avatar) yeah thats right the 52 White Beast Extended Cab ...as i know for damn sure there will be lot of interest in it ...and i told him that ....Buut....No..!! he dont want to drive all that way alone ....with no one to talk to .... no radio...... just monotunous engine drone......he says would take it if he found another person to go with him.....but then have to pay another $170 for them.. ? told him this may be only chance you get to take it up there.... as i know next year or year after,... if we decide to go again he will be in the 54 Dodge Power Wagon with me in my 51 truck. ...this is also to see what it will be like and what to expect when he brings the 54 Dodge up there.

So right now it stands with the two of us in my 51 truck .......i have to fix the front leaf spring suspension as i have 3 leaves one side only two and the other so truck sits funny ...something i never noticed till now ....also truck leans to the right in the back even with equal spring packs..?
that along with driverside mirror ....and going over front/rear diff T/case fluid levels......might look at some better tires as what is on there now is 7 years old and showing little dry rot in the tread i ran 280 miles to Flagstaff and back ......not real sure bout 1000 mile round trip.....

so will see whati can do tween now and then providing i find a room someplace that is not gold gilded.

Larry

....looking at lodging options last few nights.....Red Cliff is sold out so trying to find somthing reasonable less then $100 per person/night......yeah i know ....Good freaking luck.!!..

There are still a handful of rooms reserved for the Rally at Redcliffs... they need to be booked today before they are released to the public.

Pete

Last edited:
Hey Pete....

Ok i called Redcliffs Lodge directly on the phone a few days ago...told them i was with the Rally.....they told me they were completely booked out ....all rooms ...all times blocked out rooms and rest of lodge?... ....why would they tell me that,... if rooms are still available to us ..??
Larry

Hey Pete....

Ok i called Redcliffs Lodge directly on the phone a few days ago...told them i was with the Rally.....they told me they were completely booked out ....all rooms ...all times blocked out rooms and rest of lodge?... ....why would they tell me that,... if rooms are still available to us ..??
Larry

Larry, this is from Casey on 3-11-19:

Qty 0, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night
Qty 1, 2 room cabin, 1 queen bed per room, separate living room area, kitchenette, couch. $299.95 per night

for those leaving a day early, or saving a few bucks and staying in town on Sunday evening...
Qty 6, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night

Looks like the queen rooms aren't available for all three nights. Rooms can be cheaper in town, but probably not by much and availability is always an issue in Moab, no matter the date. There is always something going on with big groups there during the season, and getting a room is hard, and the reason we always recommend getting a room booked as early as possible.

You might be able to connect with someone else to share a 2 room cabin. They are nice, rooms are private and share a bath, and a common living room with kitchen.

Pete

Hey Pete....

Larry

Hey Larry-

I have a River King Suite reserved for all 3 nights of the rally. Should be a nice room on the river. The total room rate was 668.37 . I Was planning to attend but something has come up and I won’t be able to go :( if you would like this room I’m sure Red Cliffs would be able to work with us to have it moved to you . Or if anybody else would like the room send me a PM . I’ll hold off on canceling the reservation for a couple of weeks .

Ken

just called them again, this is whats available

Qty 1, 2 room cabin, 1 queen bed per room, separate living room area, kitchenette, couch. $299.95 per night

Qty 6, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night

Also, I did a quick search for available rooms on Expedia and found dozens of available rooms.

Lets stay positive folks. There are still plenty of places to stay. Get registered, and book your room. See you at the 10th annual Willysrally!

Registration closes April 1st 2019.

Last edited:
Update, we have 40 people registered as of this morning and new rooms have opened up at Redcliffs. Get registered and book those rooms! Registration closes April 1st.

Qty 9, 2 room cabin, 1 queen bed per room, separate living room area, kitchenette, couch. $299.95 per night

Qty 4, 2 queen bed, single room, cost $199.95 per night
Qty 4, 2 room cabin, 1 queen bed per room, separate living room area, kitchenette, couch. $299.95 per night

Hello Casey,
Do you have a list of folks registered available? And just as a double check, I'm all set as far as registration, right? Looking forward to seeing everyone,
John G Herman
johnnygeep@gmail.com

Hello Casey,
Do you have a list of folks registered available? And just as a double check, I'm all set as far as registration, right? Looking forward to seeing everyone,
John G Herman
johnnygeep@gmail.com

Hey John,
Yep, you are registered, and paid. Looking forward to seeing you again in Moab.
At the moment, we don't have a list of attendees that can be posted... As of today, we are up to about 50 people including the rally crew.
Pete

Hey Pete

Lot of good the registration does. me .....i cant log on to the Willys Rally webpage.....been trying for 3 days now .......i cant be the only one with this problem... just tried again this morning ....

it says connection timed out ....server is taking too long to respond .....a dozen attempts.. different times of day over 3 days... since Sat ...with the same damned result..!! so i dont know what the Hell is going on with the site ...

i tried to register on my phone...last night ...now i can bring up the page put all the info in ...hit submit.......nothing happens..!! 10 mins later Nothing ....tried that 3 time in a row..!!!
so what is going on..!!!.....i suggest the webpage administrator)s look at the site and see if there is some reason it cant be acessed......or not responding way it should.......

Larry

Hey Pete

Lot of good the registration does. me .....i cant log on to the Willys Rally webpage.....been trying for 3 days now .......i cant be the only one with this problem... just tried again this morning ....

it says connection timed out ....server is taking too long to respond .....a dozen attempts.. different times of day over 3 days... since Sat ...with the same damned result..!! so i dont know what the Hell is going on with the site ...

i tried to register on my phone...last night ...now i can bring up the page put all the info in ...hit submit.......nothing happens..!! 10 mins later Nothing ....tried that 3 time in a row..!!!
so what is going on..!!!.....i suggest the webpage administrator)s look at the site and see if there is some reason it cant be acessed......or not responding way it should.......

Larry
Larry,
Your registration came through at 9:10 MST this morning...
Pete

Hello Casey,
John G Herman
johnnygeep@gmail.com

Hi John,

If you would like folks contact info that are attending, please make sure you get it from them personally at the event. We have run it past the group as a whole if they thought it would be ok to distribute their contact info. We need a 100% consensus to do so. We didn't get that,so we must respect everyone's privacy. Hope you understand.

Casey

mail
4/8/19

Hey there Willys friends! I know, I know...This email is a week late....I promise you the wait was totally worth it!

1. Registration
Registration is closed at 52 attendees. If you are late to the party and still want to register, you will need to scroll down, find my phone # and call me for instructions on how to do so.

3. Shirts are on sale! HERE

Please note when you follow that link, there are 2 options on delivery. You may pick them up in Moab, OR have them shipped to you. You will be given the choice on which you would like at the bottom of that link by choosing option 1 or option 2. Please take a moment and read about how it took 10 years worth of stories and 1 talented artist to bring this years shirt together. Get them now as they are printed to order and you won't be able to order one after May 1st (ish) Please also note your shirts will be shipped after they are produced and just before the event.

Above is the complete work of art, Below are the long awaited shirts! (virtuals) There is a special story with every single vehicle depicted on this years shirt. We felt it was important to honor the folks that have helped make this event so great, as well as honoring its attendees and try to cover all the Willys variants. We also needed to tell a story with this years shirt. It took us an extra week just to make sure we could fit as much as we did but we're still missed something. Sorry in advance to the Jeepster fans.

That said, We think this turned out spectacular. We knew we had to go big for the 10th annual Willys Rally. This shirt is just the beginning. Get ready Willys Fans. This year is going to be "Huge"

On the front, and at the front is our good friend Bill and Cheri's "Still Searching" parkway conversion that has fearlessly scouted and lead us down many of the past Willys Rally trails, Next is Karl and Carma's "Ol' Blue". Karl has the honor of being my co M.C. and the only attendee, including myself, that has made it to every single Willys Rally. Then we have David Delight's FC, the only FC to ever make it to our event!, Behind him you will find Joseph Andersons wagon, who first attended as a bright eyed kid who only dreamed of owning a Willys. He not only owns one, he built it himself! Stuffed up in the corner is Randy's Tinker Toy complete with his infamous flying gas tank. Yes, He really did have a flying gas tank on the trail!

Leading the group on the back, we have Gavin, who has been instrumental in leading our group for the last few years, and being our eyes and ears on the ground in Moab. Then its my Rubiwag in a familiar role...There hasn't been a single year that I was able to leave that tow strap in the bag! Pete Anderson, the man behind www.Oldwillysforum.com, also not unfamiliar with my tow rope, has been a huge benefit to the Willys Rally over the years doing much of the behind the scenes work, and even thrust into the lead last year. Taking up the rear is our medic and tail gunner Steve Khem driving "Hoot"

Thank you all for helping make 10 years of Willys Rally fun!

A nod to the artist. Thank you Roberto "Rock" Flores for doing all the research and taking care with every single persons drawings. It turned out fantastic! Please go find rock on instagram! @rockflores

Check this link to connect with folks going to this years event. OWF Official Thread

Casey
caseydimmitt@yahoo.com
714-478-1867
subscribe

Back